Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ziggy2000

Am I right or wrong to be peeved off?

8 posts in this topic

I bought 2 scales from Gem Shop on 16 November, checked out, got a combination fee and paid immediately. On 17 November I receive the following message from them: "Thank you for your payment, your parcel(s) will be sent with our next shipment. You will recieve a Tracking No. once your parcel(s) are shipped. Please ensure your shipping adress on BoB is correct and up to date to prevent accidental mis-postage, if changed please inform via e-mail"

For 2 weeks I hear nothing so I e-mail him asking for a tracking no, with no response. A couple of days later I rate him neutral, saying that I am waiting for a tracking no and will adjust my rating once the items are received. Again no response. Last night I rate him negative asking him where my scales are...at last a response. I am told that he does not combine fragile items. This is the first I hear about not combining, I admit I must have overlooked the small print in his ad., ......yet at checkout a calculated combination shipping fee was given???

What does it take for a seller to inform a buyer that they have short paid on postage. I am a seller myself, honestly why would I short pay on postage, we all know how painful that is! And what does it take to communicate, be courteous and leave sarcasm out of it? Poor service is poor service, no matter how you try to hide behind accusations and shifting blame.

I agree that it would have been the right thing for the seller to do by sending you an email, asking you if you'd made a mistake with the postage and could you pay the difference? Oh dear.

Just a glance at Gem Shop's negative ratings shows that he does not correspond with buyers. He needs to do something about that. No communication is something most people don't handle well.

The "no combining" is pretty well highlighted, but this does not excuse his just ignoring you. What does not make sense is that, short of just ignoring you forever, he would have had to address the issue at some stage. Why not just do it straight away? Short polite email informing you that you had underpaid.

I agree, non communication is one of the worst things a seller can do.

I bought 2 scales from Gem Shop on 16 November, checked out, got a combination fee and paid immediately. On 17 November I receive the following message from them: "Thank you for your payment, your parcel(s) will be sent with our next shipment. You will recieve a Tracking No. once your parcel(s) are shipped. Please ensure your shipping adress on BoB is correct and up to date to prevent accidental mis-postage, if changed please inform via e-mail"

For 2 weeks I hear nothing so I e-mail him asking for a tracking no, with no response. A couple of days later I rate him neutral, saying that I am waiting for a tracking no and will adjust my rating once the items are received. Again no response. Last night I rate him negative asking him where my scales are...at last a response. I am told that he does not combine fragile items. This is the first I hear about not combining, I admit I must have overlooked the small print in his ad., ......yet at checkout a calculated combination shipping fee was given???

What does it take for a seller to inform a buyer that they have short paid on postage. I am a seller myself, honestly why would I short pay on postage, we all know how painful that is! And what does it take to communicate, be courteous and leave sarcasm out of it? Poor service is poor service, no matter how you try to hide behind accusations and shifting blame.

Personally I would be pretty irritated. Fact is it would have taken the buyer less than 1 minute to send you a mail stating that "our terms are that this product cant be combined due to the fragile nature. Your shipment is therefore pending, subject to payment of Rxyz."

On another note, I purchased one of those from another seller. They come with polystyrene protection in a box - very secure. Unsure why they cant be combined?

Edited by Seeds for Africa

Not the most friendly or communicative people to deal with!!!

Just a suggestion - alloway why don't you send the seller this thread so he can see what has been written?

Mmmmm, I think I would also be highly annoyed if this happened to me

Just a suggestion - alloway why don't you send the seller this thread so he can see what has been written?

Will do, but don't think it will do any good, he/she does contribute to the Form to my recollection and I am sure reads it occasionally occasionally......GS reminds me a lot of DK!!!!!