Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Problem With Bidding.....

voldermort    10
voldermort

Just had a telephone call from a rather distressed buyer who was complaining that the maximum bid he was trying to place on a few of my items last night would not be accepted by BoB.....he initially bid on 8 items on Tuesday but last night wanted to increase his bid on the other 6 and couldn't, resulting in him only bn able to buy 2 items instead of the 8 he actually wanted.

Was there a problem on the site?

qball    11
qball

No, it's due to the fact that it was a multi item auction. The bidding logic looks at who is willing to pay more for the a specific number of items available.

voldermort    10
voldermort
No, it's due to the fact that it was a multi item auction. The bidding logic looks at who is willing to pay more for the a specific number of items available.

I only had one of every item on auction, they were all completely different auctions :huh: Should he then have placed the maximum amount he was willing to bid right at the start instead of waiting?

Edited by voldermort

qball    11
qball

Aaaah, sorry, misunderstood. Could you give me the bidders username and items he bid on, will check for you...

voldermort    10
voldermort

will pm you details now now

qball    11
qball

Thanks, he was legitimately outbid by other bidders who had higher Auto bid limits set, his auto bid limit was set to R20 only. There auto bid limits were a lot higher. So every time he wanted to up his bid he would have been unsuccessful as they had higher auto bids set.

voldermort    10
voldermort
Thanks, he was legitimately outbid by other bidders who had higher Auto bid limits set, his auto bid limit was set to R20 only. There auto bid limits were a lot higher. So every time he wanted to up his bid he would have been unsuccessful as they had higher auto bids set.

Aha thank you Cuan.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I understand this is not the case with voldermort's query but where does this apply."Multi auction item"??

Is this when more than 1 item is available on a single auction?

qball    11
qball

I understand this is not the case with voldermort's query but where does this apply."Multi auction item"??

Is this when more than 1 item is available on a single auction?

Yes that's correct.