Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ingecrafts

Is there anyone selling on BOB fulltime making a living from it????

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering and do think there is a few that sells on BOB fulltime and sit infront of their pc's all day and make things or buy and resell things all day long... as this is what I hope to be doing in a year from now.

If you work hard enough, you can earn a living on BOB ingecrafts. Thats a fact!!

RAG auctioneers make a living off BOB.

Currently employing 3 employees and have our own premises.

Sitting in front of the PC is only a third of the work!

RAG auctioneers make a living off BOB.

Currently employing 3 employees and have our own premises.

Sitting in front of the PC is only a third of the work!

WOW that is amazing, especially the fact that you created employment. its absolutely amazing... i was thinking when one day i get busy, cause i am waiting for my camera as the old one fell in sand... to take pictures of all my things. well thinking how do these people cope that sells like 100 or 200 items per month. who goes to the post office, who makes more stock and who controls everything, cause 1 person would not be enough..

i hope to sell lots and lots and maybe employ someone oneday! would be such a good feeling for me.

Hi Inge, I sell about 300 items on average per month and I work alone 99% of the time. I have someone that comes in for 2 hours every day to pack parcels, while I do listings, answer phones, answer questions, answer emails, take photos, do stocktaking, buy stock, source suppliers, source bargains, bargain with suppliers, tweet and facebook specials all while running my own website as well... and I have a husband and a baby! lol

So the short answer is yes, you CAN make a living on Bidorbuy. :)

I do not mean to pry, but yes, this does interest me. When you say 'a living' off Bid or buy, are we talking about a nice income that ensures I always have enough money to buy my treats and essentials in the month? Or are we talking about the kind of living that can be relied apon to pay the bond and a car installment?

As I say, not meaning to pry, but I am trying to gauge the possibility and reality of the situation.

Well, let me put it this way... I work hard, I am extremely dedicated and I work long hours mostly from 7am till 7pm everyday, including weekends. I do not take vacations, just the odd two day break away about twice a year. Even then I take my laptop with so that I can check orders and answer emails. And after 5 years on Bidorbuy I can say that I am satisfied with what I earn. I draw a salary for myself, which is enough to pay my car and bond. I do not "live off the business" which is a sure way to fail. I quit my job in 2009 because I did not have time to do both anymore, and Bidorbuy was giving a better income by far.

I started Miss Jewels as a hobby as I'm the financial bookkeeper to our other 5 companies. Miss Jewels has grown to such an extent that I have appointed a full-time PA to do the jewelry side. If you're dedicated, prepared to work extra hard and put in the extra hours too, you will succeed. I too draw a salary which pays the bond, the PA, some of my "extra's" and also paid for my 3 week trip to Italy in May. I also moved in the the wholesale jewlery trade so this also makes a difference. This goes to show what can be done. Amanda is also one of the many on this site of examples of what can be done! Good luck to all who have decided to take this "plunge"

I do not mean to pry, but yes, this does interest me. When you say 'a living' off Bid or buy, are we talking about a nice income that ensures I always have enough money to buy my treats and essentials in the month? Or are we talking about the kind of living that can be relied apon to pay the bond and a car installment?

As I say, not meaning to pry, but I am trying to gauge the possibility and reality of the situation.

I started Miss Jewels as a hobby as I'm the financial bookkeeper to our other 5 companies. Miss Jewels has grown to such an extent that I have appointed a full-time PA to do the jewelry side. If you're dedicated, prepared to work extra hard and put in the extra hours too, you will succeed. I too draw a salary which pays the bond, the PA, some of my "extra's" and also paid for my 3 week trip to Italy in May. I also moved in the the wholesale jewlery trade so this also makes a difference. This goes to show what can be done. Amanda is also one of the many on this site of examples of what can be done! Good luck to all who have decided to take this "plunge"

Lol-- I think I am truely barking up the wrong tree lol -- I do beleive that it will become viable at some point, but I think beads are most definitely the wrong tree - I am trying to figure out what else I can get hold of that would be easier to sell ( and to pack) - 4 kids and household is mine to maintain- things are looking up and have been burning the candle at both ends and I AM RUNNING OUT OF WAX!! Hehehe - but back to the point of the thread lol - hang in there!! There will be frustration, undoubtedly tears, but thus far I must say that the storm is worth weathering and I hope that you get up and running fast and furious lol!