Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustlovebooks

Why do buyers make an offer, it gets accepted and then...nada?

10 posts in this topic

I have a high-value item on auction. A buyer makes an offer and it gets accepted. It's 4 days later and still no sale. Am I missing the whole point? If you make an offer, surely you want the item and agree on the purchase thereof.

Hi Mustlovebooks,

I see the interested person did not log in since the question was asked, maybe they are tied up...

Thanks admin. My client is getting a bit unsettled :unsure:. I will give it a day or two.

Maybe you should relist it if he doesn't get back to you soon.

....isn't it a binding contract if someone bids and wins the item?

it doesn't sound like a bid and win. sounds like an offer via Q&A?

It is an offer via Q&A, made on 18 Nov already, still nothing. I want to create a buy-now, but he hasn't come back to me yet. Now I wonder if other interested parties will bid or make an offer in the meantime or if everybody is just overlooking this item because another buyer's offer was accepted.

Hi, if it were me, I would go ahead and create the buy now as its almost a week since you accepted the offer and the buyer would have received an email to say that his question was answered.

Yes indeed! Why do they ask questions and then "poof" gone!!!

I have had questions asked (the "buyer" very interested, and wants to know how & total to pay???) I replied,and also told them, that all costs are reflected in the listing,but never hear from them again. Then, I got a bit suspicious (with good reason) and lo and behold, with some detective work, it was discovered that the so called "buyers" were indeed related to certain fellow bead sellers on BOB.

How low can you go?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by meeks

It is an offer via Q&A, made on 18 Nov already, still nothing. I want to create a buy-now, but he hasn't come back to me yet. Now I wonder if other interested parties will bid or make an offer in the meantime or if everybody is just overlooking this item because another buyer's offer was accepted.

Hi there -- off subject here, but have been spring cleaning and have decided to get rid of my Wildlife and Africa mags (boohoohoo), was just wondering if you have any advice? not sure whether to list as a bulk lot or individually-

Hope you don't mind me asking lol-- got no clue as to book selling lol!

Why do buyers push for postage and do not pay?

I want to refer to the original thread.

Today a buyer made an offer to me on a laptop I had on auction. I accepted the offer and the buyer confirmed the order.

During the process in completing the order he urged me to post the laptop TODAY as he needs it urgently. No payment was done on the order but he wants it to be posted. How's that?

Makes me wonder about the deal......

I want to refer to the original thread.

Today a buyer made an offer to me on a laptop I had on auction. I accepted the offer and the buyer confirmed the order.

During the process in completing the order he urged me to post the laptop TODAY as he needs it urgently. No payment was done on the order but he wants it to be posted. How's that?

Makes me wonder about the deal......

Hehe -- I think his mind is in a box under the tree waiting to be opened for Christmas!!:laugh: