Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

Blocking of buyers

qball

This will be abused. No matter what systems you put in place, abuse will happen which means more investigation and time spent on trying to figure out if the reasons are valid.

oaks and acorns
Sellers need to get this attitude of "buyers are the enemy" out of their heads. Any potential buyer should be treated just as that, a potential buyer - or better yet - YOUR customers.

Yes, it is frustrating to get a sale and the buyer does not conclude it, just as it is for us to go through thousands of SNC's, disputes, complaints, queries, many from legitimate buyers when the sellers treat them like dirt.

Service is a mind set, one which many sellers fail to offer or understand. Rather put yourself in the new buyers shoes, they are new, it is a nerve racking experience to buy online for the first time (safety and security, payments, delivery issues etc.), all factors that affect new comers to the site. So instead of being hostile to new comers, embrace them, help them, guide them.

Finally, light at the end of a tunnel. And it ain't a train.

voldermort
I really don't understand this at all..........I have buyers blocked, the majority with minus ratings who I have had to snc, the rest are buyers I do not wish to deal with due to abusive behaviour etc. After 3 monthes will they miraculously change their attitude? Ha, I think after 3 monthes they will then have a very big ax to grind especially seeing as they were blocked in the first place.

Most shops have little "Rights Of Admission Reserved "signs above their doors, surely we should have that same right?

So a bit of an update on my quote above:

about a week after unblocking of all buyers I had a buyer who was previously blocked who almost immediately after bn unblocked bid on an item & won - no surprise when I received a negative rating from him which was removed due to clearly bn a revenge rating - back to the blocked section he went and now his time is up and guess what, in little more than 2 hours I have received 4 questions from him, all telling me what I am selling (never mind my descriptions, he knows better than I what I am selling) & what prices I should according to him be asking for these items.

The questions are all there on my page, I have replied to none of them simply because he seems on a roll at the moment so whoever it is that can see these questions is welcome to have a look at them.

Now is this really necessary, if he decides to bid on an item of mine again why must I waste my time & money getting his negative ratings removed. Do I really have to put up with this person every 3 months?

I said it before & I'll say it again, there are some very vindictive/unstable people out there & 3 months will do absolutely nothing to change their attitude - as can be seen from this person, the minute their time is up they are back again with a vengeance.

oaks and acorns

Would you mind posting the link to the page?

voldermort

The questions are all there on my page, I have replied to none of them simply because he seems on a roll at the moment so whoever it is that can see these questions is welcome to have a look at them.

Seeing as I have not replied to any of these questions they are obviously not visible on my ads so what I should have said was:

"The questions are all there on my selling page, I have replied to none of them simply because he seems on a roll at the moment so whoever it is at BoB that can see these questions is welcome to have a look at them".

oaks and acorns

Thanks for clarifying. And I'm sure whoever it is at BoB that can see these questions will sort the problem for you.

Certainly can't fault them on that :smile1:

voldermort
Thanks for clarifying. And I'm sure whoever it is at BoB that can see these questions will sort the problem for you.

Certainly can't fault them on that :smile1:

They already did (more than an hour ago & I only realised it now :oops:) I am very grateful for that - much thanks.

MsPlod

Methinks you could make more use of the "http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/2739-reporting-non-paying-bidders-i-e-deadbeat-bidders-2-a.html" thread Voldermort?

Bushboy36

After reading a lot of hype about blocking buyers it got me thinking about something else. Why can buyers not block sellers? I buy a lot of antiques but my buying experience are hampered by a certain seller listing 1000's of collectable cards wich in my opinion may be collectable but,,,now I have to scroll past all these in order to find some useful listing. Another seller (probably the biggest antique seller) listings are so many that it takes over most of this category and I really dont want to look at his listings as a huge customer base has over inflated his prices. I would just love to block these types of sellers and I believe that it would greatly enhance the buying experience. Please BoB help us.