Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeadsandBaubles

Negative for "misleading picture"???

7 posts in this topic

Hi to all, sorry for missing the conversations the past weeks - just too much rigmarole lately been happening.

Just had to post this because I am flabbergasted. I received a negative - the reason

Very misleading picture on add
on this little listing:

Charms & Pendants - Tibetan Silver Armour of God - SANDALS OF PEACE Charm was sold for R2.00 on 25 Oct at 22:16 by BeadsandBaubles in Johannesburg (ID:47311766)

Don't people give a darn about simple common decency anymore? Perhaps tried to have contacted me with the problem, whatever it happens to be because, honestly, I'm totally clueless. What actually did the guy expect to get?

....think I'm going to climb back under my rock and shed some of this thick skin I'm busy growing :amuse::sad2:

It would 'seem' this is one of 'those' buyers who look at the thumbnail and don't bother to scroll down to view the actual picture of the item.

Good thing he/she didn't bid on:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/49521999/David_Morrell_THE_COVENANT_OF_THE_FLAME.html

Silly goose would probably be scratching his/her head wondering why he/she received a book instead of an eyeball.

3840863-beautiful-girl-eye-in-3d-with-smiley-face-in-eyeball.jpg.90cfb61ab72d3476a2505169b46ed08b.jpg

Ruthie

It would 'seem' this is one of 'those' buyers who look at the thumbnail and don't bother to scroll down to view the actual picture of the item.

Ruthie

Lol, must be.

The craft category is definitely not the place to shop without reading the details.

Aww:idea: I get it, must have been the wrong size - the shoe don't fit.

They looked at the Thumbnail and thought they getting that, it happens often.

I remember I started a thread about thumbnails and descriptions and which of the 2 do we "sell" as we all make and can mistake mistakes with a thumbnail and there are even items on BoB with only thumbnails and no descriptions so which part of our listings would BoB consider in a dispute like this?

Hi B&B,

This could be because you know your trade, and your buyer doesn't. The shopper who is just looking for something pretty may not know that the little knight represents a range of charms that fall under the "Tibetan Silver Armour of G O D" category.

Looking at your listing now with your eyes, knowing there was a problem, I can see what you are selling. But in all honesty (ok, I'm only barely awake :weird:) I would have assumed I was getting the little knight too.

Buyer should have contacted you though before rating negative.

Please don't hate me for saying this B&B but I would also have imagined I was getting the little knight, as Mellow says you know your trade & what is what but I for instance don't and if I wanted to buy something like this, I wouldn't be aware that is only one of these symbols (even though you do show the proper pic in your ad). Perhaps it would have been better to put the sandals as your thumbnail? That all said though I would have contacted you before rating negative.

ROFL.

I've really got no problem sending him the little pic. Should I email it or send the link to the download?

I've always seen the thumbnail as the "book cover" of each seller's listings, actually more of a catalogue than a book - why have a clickable page opening, where further details can be given? Its like walking into a shop with a blindfold on and just buying whatever your hand grasps. Or like shopping in the canned goods aisle where all the stickers have been removed - open the can and instead of the meatballs you wanted, get the pickled fish. Makes no sense at all.

Just as a matter of interest, hands in the air anyone who does not go and read the descriptions and shipping? Can I safely say we all do?

There is no excuse for buyers who do not and think they can go around filing SNC's because they failed to take a minute to read.

Sorry, but it's how I feel when my integrity gets questioned?

I think the buyer is being ridiculous! Just my opinion...