Sign in to follow this  
Mike Klee

Closure of posts

Mike Klee    10
Mike Klee

Hi Cuan,

We are seeing some really great numismatic posts - and here I am referring to posts on the GQT coins - coming to an untimely end because of abuse by contributors.

We all know the rules, but it is really sad that what has been a great discussion with lots of new information being sourced gets closed down. It is not your fault and I know your job is to " keep it clean" - but numismatics really is the loser here.

Is there not a way perhaps that you can delete offensive threads and punish the offenders by either imposing a temporary or complete ban by the contributor of such, with each further transgression resulting in bans of increasing severity?

Most of the contributors to the GQT posts have behaved in a civilised, exemplary manner.....

Mike

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Two thumbs up for your suggestion Mike!

Debate without conflict or flaming would be just WONDERFUL!

mellowred    10
mellowred

It's very unfair to close down interesting posts due to individual behaviour.

qball    10
qball

If posters cannot abide by the rules I have no choice. I will reconsider the decision shortly.

Mike Klee    10
Mike Klee

Hi Cuan,

I 100% agree with you and your job is very tricky: if posters cannot abide by the rules and persist in making offensive or derogatory comments, the numismatic world would be richer if such transgressors were sanctioned.

If one is having a braai and some of the guests misbehave themselves, instead of dousing the fire, throwing away the food and letting everyone go home hungry and disappointed, would it not be better to eject the ruffians and carry on the party with the good people? :smile:

Mike

qball    10
qball

Unfortunately tensions are running high at the moment, and other members continue to be confrontational, flame or troll just to incite confrontation. The users concerned have been dealt with, but unfortunately until everyone calms down, it will remain closed for now.

Unfortunately the majority of abiding users will be affected by this, I am sorry about this.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Cant you just block the evil do'ers instead of closing the thread?:nuts:

When it comes to numismatics there were always be coins thrown around, bankies torned up, notes are torched and kicked around and unfortunately sometimes, somebody loses their temper or their wallet.:nuts:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I second that... am missing the debate :((

Scott Balson

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Cant you just block the evil do'ers instead of closing the thread?:nuts:

When it comes to numismatics there were always be coins thrown around, bankies torned up, notes are torched and kicked around and unfortunately sometimes, somebody loses their temper or their wallet.:nuts:

In some cases it's more like blankies torn up!!

Dulal    10
Dulal
I second that... am missing the debate :((

Scott Balson

I am missing it too.

Dulal