Sign in to follow this  
Gem Shop

Shipping options on BOB working incorrectly?

Gem Shop    10
Gem Shop

We have had big problems with the BOB shipping modules.

When we sell an heavy and big item over 3,6 kg our shipping is R80 with combination of items at R50 to try and discourage buyers from combining this item with others as we have learnt through experience that the PO damages are much higher the bigger and clumpsier a parcel is.

NOw our problem is that when a buyer buys this big item and several other smaller items BOB will just take the lowest postage of the smallest article and add our combination rate (R10)to that not taking into account what the other items weigh or what the terms of the auction says...(terms is clear on the auction that when the heavy item is purchased it must be the primary item used if you want to combine shipping)

IS other sellers havig the same problems?

We even has gone so far as to not allow combinations with these items to no avail..

We are now receiving official warnings from BOB due to this problems (overcharging on postage) even though we have offered the buyers alternative option which would have saved him in postage if he did not insist in combining the different smalleritems with this heavy item.

Why is it that we get warnings for excessive postage even when our terms on the auction is clear

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

I have sent two emails to Solanche regarding a similar matter. We have a set shipping fee for certain designer stock jewellery, shipped from overseas, and items can be combined to that for R20 each. Then we have standard local shipping for R29, and other local items can be added to that for R1 each.

Now it has happened twice where a buyer purchases one overseas item and one local item, and the system calculates the shipping at (example R29 plus R1) eventhough the different shipping charges are correctly set up. Then I have to contact the buyer to pay the "additional" postage, which in fact was the ORIGINAL postage, and I look like a crook because the system messed up. Still awaiting feedback from the tech department on this...

qball    10
qball

Hi Guys

It's not the shipping options that are the issue, rather, the multitude of shipping options sellers create. The system cannot cater for an indefinite number of options. The instances you refer to are isolated. Having said that, you also need to look at how buyers interpret your shipping, make sure it is clearly worded and described, concise and understandable. You are going to get issues where 1 item is in stock locally and one overseas, you will just have to deal with these on an ad hoc basis.

Johann, Micca's issue, is more complicated, you are claiming the buyer ignored your shipping, in our opinion, he did not, and if I were purchasing several items from you, I would have made the same decision and paid the same amount, yet you want to charge the buyer for 2 primary items and only 2 secondary, when he did pay for the heaviest and the other three only had combining fees of R10 each, yet you wanted to charge him an additional R115 (I think), to combine, a little steep I would say, considering the other 3 items were small. So in total you wanted to charge the buyer initially over R200 to ship 4 items, 1 large (which he paid for as per your shipping) and 3 smaller items at R10 each (your per item combined charge).

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery
Hi Guys

you also need to look at how buyers interpret your shipping, make sure it is clearly worded and described, concise and understandable. You are going to get issues where 1 item is in stock locally and one overseas, you will just have to deal with these on an ad hoc basis.

The buyers did not edit the shipping charges, the system calculated it that way.

qball    10
qball

Please give me the order number.

Thanks