Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsPlod

Similar items gone??

23 posts in this topic

Have been looking through a number of items on BoB and the adverts seem to have gone. Anyone else happy with this move?

I must admit.....I'm getting better prizes for some of my items since the similar items thingy started. We must remember that others also see OUR listings in the Similar items section.

I must admit.....I'm getting better prizes for some of my items since the similar items thingy started. We must remember that others also see OUR listings in the Similar items section.

OK Miems! If that is the way traders see it... I bow out of the matter. As a buyer - the lack of consultation and lack of transparency was my concern.

Thank you BoB! Very happy that you do listen to seller's concerns!

Okay......I'ts only from MY point of view!

as I said, it may just be an IT hitch, but very happy to have our own ads back again, even if only for 5 mins.

Have been looking through a number of items on BoB and the adverts seem to have gone. Anyone else happy with this move?

Possibly some reverse psychology;

lets see how many sellers whinge about removing it now.?

I still maintain it gave a huge advantage to many smaller sellers with them being able to feature on the bigger sellers pages,and 90 % of sellers would benefit from this,plus we all had to list some buy nows to also utilise this feature=extra enhancement fees for bob in some instances and personally i gained extra sales i would not have had from the buy now listings.

NEIL

I absolutely agree. Hope it's not just for 5 minutes!

@Neil - I got plenty of views but no additional buys! So it hasn't served any benefits for me.

I absolutely agree. Hope it's not just for 5 minutes!

@Neil - I got plenty of views but no additional buys! So it hasn't served any benefits for me.

Can it be that it's just gone from certain sellers? Each and everyone of my ads still have the similar items displayed - that just won't be fair

I like the feature as a buyer and a seller , as does my wife .I think it should stay it is beneficial to all .

I think there was a gremlin in the system this morning all the adverts are back everything is the same!

I like the feature as a buyer and a seller , as does my wife .I think it should stay it is beneficial to all .

Oh yes???? A buyer places an order (Buy now) then sends a note. "Please combine with order #xxxxxxxxxx. Problem is, this buyer did NOT place both orders on MY items. They thought my item was also listed by the "other" seller, as it appeared at the bottom as "similar items"???So...... I send the buyer an e-mail, explaining the situation,... again,... and have yet to receive a response, or payment.

So now????????

Before I removed my eye to wax it, I noticed we were back to our happy selves with regards the listings. I had no sooner popped in my marble and we were back to square one.

The fight continues in part DEUX.

Likewise... And I agree!

Before I removed my eye to wax it, I noticed we were back to our happy selves with regards the listings. I had no sooner popped in my marble and we were back to square one.

The fight continues in part DEUX.

Well, regarding the item that was "wrongly" bought from me. Now the outcome would most probably have to be; I cancel the sale if nothing is heard from the buyer again, or I file SNC for non payment, and get the success fees credited,forfeit the Featured/priority listing fees, and then have to pay that AGAIN to relist the item? No win-win situation here, I am SO annoyed at this, as it is, crafts are difficult enough to sell at a "sort off" reasonable price.The buyer scores the most every time.

the idea is wrong meeks and we all know it.

jippee simular items gone

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU .... thank you thank you thank you .... I was loosing business big time .... because some seller who only has 5 ratings will have the same item as me for cheaper just to get the ratings .... please do not put it back ....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU .... thank you thank you thank you .... I was loosing business big time .... because some seller who only has 5 ratings will have the same item as me for cheaper just to get the ratings .... please do not put it back ....

Too late, you going back to losing money.

The joy was short lived promotions!! It's all back on again!!:mad:

Yes Not fair.. What should appear is items for the same seller.. NOT similar items.. Look at ebay no other peoples adverts. (maybe Bob wants to teach eBay how to run a auction website). Maybe Bob needs some web designers that know what they doing... all this does is confuse the crap out of the buyer... results the buyer buys nothing or worse does not make payment.... For the 1st time ever i have have more SNC's filled since the adverts started... Think about it... Bidorbuy...

Similar items

I do not like or want it .... I have never had so many cancellations and no payments .... please if you want to put the advert let it be of something else not simular to the item I have .... PLEASE

Too late, you going back to losing money.

LOL Wayne, that's so diplomatic.

I actually wish that bidorbuy would listen to the sellers ... we always seem to be at the short end of the stick ....