Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TS Ron

Since When Has The Postage Increased So Much??

8 posts in this topic

Have I been similar to Rip van Winkel? Today I just paid and walked out the post office charge me R34.95 to send a 50 gram parcel insured post? I first thought I was still in a dream from the weekend.But it hit me hard again when I looked at the till slip.

Under 1 kg ordinary parcel post is R19.15, insured post is 2% of the value of the item plus some little extra if the value exceeds a certain amount, must have been a very valuable item! lol

Sounds like you were ripped off, Gogga, unless you were sending the crown jewels!

You must always tell the counter clerk that something has to go economy rate when the parcel is small and doesn't weigh over 1 kg. Otherwise they just take a chance and charge you maximum rates.

Lily this was a trainee I believe I had never paid so much for postage before! It seemed if she took for ever to understand kept calling someone to assist her so I was just to pleased to get out of the post office with the queue growing behind me.

Remember......Size does matter.................That is for the shipping I mean. If you use a large box or Jiffy, you pay more.

Miems ek het die klienste doos gebruik die klienste koevert regtig waar. Dit was net dat die persoon 'n leerling was en seker 'n fout gemaak het as ek nou daaraan dink.

Prices have NOT changed! Still the usual:

Econoparcel (green PE tag) - R19.30 under 1kg, and R35.80 for 1-2kg, etc.

Insured parcel (pink PA tag) is same as econo, but with the added 2%.

Registered mail (red RD tag) is the sneaky one... only useful for "flat DL" envelopes otherwise you pay through your *!

Speed services is another sneaky one at times:

R3 for the counter to counter document pack PLUS R57.12 shipping fee (total R60.12)

R61.02 for the counter to counter bag (up to 1.5kg!)

And if you are not using the bag option, you can add another R20 or so "just because"!

Current special on Speed Service prepaid bags is R57 from now until 23 December so STOCK UP!!!

PS. Also dealing with a trainee at Hunters Retreat PO, but she knows now that she should listen to my advice and accept my help to make things go faster. Heaven only knows what the dorpie of OH is going to say when I get there! Perhaps I should have a meeting with the post master before his staff go on strike! :)

Miems ek het die klienste doos gebruik die klienste koevert regtig waar. Dit was net dat die persoon 'n leerling was en seker 'n fout gemaak het as ek nou daaraan dink.

Jy moet gaan kla daaroor Trish!

They take chances when they have a target to reach, but this sounds like an honest newbie mistake. Make sure you tell her it's economail if you get her counter again. If she doesn't understand, just say: Die goedkoop een!