Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Should you pay for a warranty?

voldermort    10
voldermort

Bought an item on Crazy Wed.....noticed before bidding a question was asked as to the guarantee of item and the answer was 6 months......however when placing my order I was told if I wanted a 6 month warranty to add an extra R49.

As quite clearly I don't want to be landed with a dead duck I added this amount, which if I had bought it from somebody else with p&p would have ultimately cost me less. So fine, I am an idiot BUT shouldn't it be stated somewhere on the ad that a warranty is an extra R50?

& is it quite normal to charge for a warranty, I know when I go to Game etc your receipt is basically your warranty?

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

I believe it has to be inclusive of the bid. You can either refuse to take the item this is an unfair business tactic! Etc if you buy an item you are told that is inclusive of the price! No you not an idiot someone here is trying to take you for a ride. They can however offer an additional six months which you have a choice whether you want to except this or not for which you have to pay. I shall suggest rather contact the bidorbuy team to get clarity.

Edited by TS Ron

staccato    10
staccato

This is bullsh*t! First of all, how can a seller charge for a warranty? How can he do this without stating it on his listing? I think admin needs to have a good look at this! Misleading and dishonest if you ask me! There is a difference between Warranty and Guarantee, but it should be stated on his listing.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Doesn't the CPA stipulate 6 month warranties anyway?

mellowred    10
mellowred

We once bought something from Hi-Fi Corp. We had an option of paying in some sort of Warranty "insurance" or "extension". Can't remember if this extended the warranty period or included full replacement or something. But the advertised price did include a regular warranty - the other was an optional extra.

You can't advertise something with a warranty and then make it an optional extra when the deal is concluded. That is misleading advertising.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree. If there is a warranty charge involved, this should be clearly stated in the listing before any bids on made on the item.