Sign in to follow this  
gypseygirl

Explanation on high postage charges

gypseygirl

I queried high postage charges with a seller and got this response which I though others might be interested in reading (No I will not disclose the Seller):

"I so wish that I could do my postage at a lower rate really. I will explain to how it is calculated and maybe you will understand why the sellers get forced into having such crazy high postage charges. For every item this is listed I have to pay BOB R5 regardless of it selling or not. If it does sell, I have to still pay them a success fee on top of the listing fee. Then I still have to cover the materials used for wrapping your parcel plus the actual posting fee (there I hold thumbs that it is under 1Kg otherwise I loose on the posting)."

I would not have thought that one should try and incorporate your "listing and success fees" into your postage costs, but hey now at least I know why the postage charge is so high.:shock:

booksallsizes

Sellers are NOT allowed to incorporate listing and success fees into their postage. And this should be reported to BoB.

Postage costs are for that exactly: postage and all the sundries thereof (packaging etc).

wayjen

We recently sold an item and the buyer was in the UK. We gave the total price in dollars as it would go through paypal. The buyer questioned our price and gave us a figure of what it should be. The biggest joke of all is, he quoted the the exchange rate between the article price and the dollar value. Who did he think was gonna pay for the shipping???? If he wants to come fetch it here he is most welcome cause I don't pay for his shipping to the UK.

qball

I would love to know who this seller is, please PM details.

Thanks

Asha Craft Jewellery
I would love to know who this seller is, please PM details.

Thanks

Daddy's got his shotgun ready...

qball

Thanks, got your PM. Will investigate this. Please see my reply.

Thanks

bitesize

Postage is postage, fees are not allowed to be incorporated into the postage cost. Also regarding the R5 fee, they chose to use promotional listings and that is not the problem of the buyer.