Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacMuffin

Bidorbuy Internet Explorer 9 support

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

if you are running IE9 you will have noticed a "Pin bidorbuy to my task bar" notice. This is a great productivity option, as it allows you to pin your favorite site to the task bar and by right-clicking on the icon, you will have instant access to your sales, purchases, hot deals and much more.

To get yourself "pinned", go to bidorbuy.co.za in IE9 and then drag the bidorbuy icon (either from the address bar or from the notification box) to your taskbar:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2214[/ATTACH]

You will then see bidorbuy permanently attached to your task bar will be able to go to our home-page by just clicking on the icon, or by right-clicking will have the following short-cuts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2215[/ATTACH]

Fantastic. It works perfectly. Thank you Mac!:bigsmile:

Well done Bob! It is actually very nice. One development that is useful!

As I said the taskbar icon is very nice. Can you incorporate the new bob into that page when you open it?

As I said the taskbar icon is very nice. Can you incorporate the new bob into that page when you open it?

What do you mean by that?

Ah missed something there - the toolbar into that page!

Ah missed something there - the toolbar into that page!

I am having a slow day - what toolbar? I am highly confused.

I am having a slow day - what toolbar? I am highly confused.

Hi Mac

I pinned the new shortcut to my toolbar however the new bidorbuy toolbar at the top of the page doesnt show on this page when I open it. It shows when I open Internet explorer normally but not when I open bob using the new icon.

I trust that clarifies.

Hi Mac

I pinned the new shortcut to my toolbar however the new bidorbuy toolbar at the top of the page doesnt show on this page when I open it. It shows when I open Internet explorer normally but not when I open bob using the new icon.

I trust that clarifies.

Gotcha (amazing what a cup of coffee so early in the morning does) - I will have a look at it when I get into the office...

Gotcha (amazing what a cup of coffee so early in the morning does) - I will have a look at it when I get into the office...

Do you ever sleep?

nothing for firefox 8? :'(

Grmpfff - this is a Microsoft thing. At the moment they do not open any toolbars when opening a "pinned site" - is quite a pain, as the toolbar is super-handy when browsing other sites (or quickly searching for a product).

Although we can not include a "quick-search" feature on the pinned task bar, we can pretty much introduce any other quick-link you find convenient (and then you will just right-click on the pinned icon and have pretty much the same functionality) - let me know what you are currently missing in comparison to the toolbar?

(BTW: Escalated to Microsoft, but I doubt that much will come about that).

nothing for firefox 8? :'(

Not as elegant as IE9, but in Firefox you can right-click on a tab and then select "Pin as App Tab" - so for example you open bidorbuy homepage, Deal of the Week, your selling page and your fee-acount page and then right click on each tab and "Pin as App Tab" - those tabs will remain sticky in Firefox even if you close FF. Only downside is that the pinned tabs are narrow and don't differentiate.

omg omg omg! I didn't even know FF had that feature. Woohoo! You just made my life a bit easier.... lol ;)