Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allstar

When are enhanced listing fees actually charged?

9 posts in this topic

I would like to please know from someone high up in Bidorbuy - When are enhanced listing fees actually charged?

I make a listing to open in 25 days time with Premuim & Home Page Featured Enhanced Listing options selected.

I make the listing and confirm it , am I charged right there and then for the selected Enhanced Listing Fees even though the listing is yet to open?

5 Days later I change my mind and would like to delete the listing , no funny business , I've just decided not to sell the item or market it in a different way.

I delete the listing!

Am I charged any Enhanced Listing Fees?

A few years ago there was huge confusion surrounding this issue.

I was wondering if its been clarified because I just mistakenly selected some expensive Enhanced Listing Fees for an item that will only open next month!

:)

This is only an example: I buy 1 chappie . I can eat it now or even a week later. Or never eat it! It is already paid for.

Hi Allstar

As far as I know, the listing fees are only charged to your account from the time the listing opens. If you delete a listing before it opens, you are not charged.

I don't know if the same applies to enhanced fees but listing fees are charged on an item which is "closed" before it opens, the rationale being that it did have some exposure.

Cuan, do I have it right? Thanks

I don't know if the same applies to enhanced fees but listing fees are charged on an item which is "closed" before it opens, the rationale being that it did have some exposure.

Cuan, do I have it right? Thanks

I can see there is still confusion....

:sad2:

HI

It is my experience that you are charged immediately for enhancements when the item is listed-whether you list 2 weeks ahead for crazy wed and the item basically has no exposure as buyers can only view from the friday before the wed you will still be charged for the listing fee and enhancement.even if you make a mistake and wish to change the enhancement category immediately you are not able to do this as the system will tell you that there has been some exposure even though there was not any.

The way around this is not to delete as you will be charged but to edit and substitute any other item in its place which you are able to do until bids are placed.

I think BOB CAN CLARIFY this but this is from my own experiences.

neil

I would like to please know from someone high up in Bidorbuy - When are enhanced listing fees actually charged?

I make a listing to open in 25 days time with Premuim & Home Page Featured Enhanced Listing options selected.

I make the listing and confirm it , am I charged right there and then for the selected Enhanced Listing Fees even though the listing is yet to open?

5 Days later I change my mind and would like to delete the listing , no funny business , I've just decided not to sell the item or market it in a different way.

I delete the listing!

Am I charged any Enhanced Listing Fees?

A few years ago there was huge confusion surrounding this issue.

I was wondering if its been clarified because I just mistakenly selected some expensive Enhanced Listing Fees for an item that will only open next month!

:)

In this scenario, you should not be charged enhanced listing fees, only when the item opens. If you use crazy auctions, or promotional listings, where items can be viewed before hand, listing fees will be charged even if the listing is not yet open, as you would have received exposure on the item already. Could you tell me what the trade ID in question is? Thanks.

In this scenario, you should not be charged enhanced listing fees, only when the item opens. If you use crazy auctions, or promotional listings, where items can be viewed before hand, listing fees will be charged even if the listing is not yet open, as you would have received exposure on the item already. Could you tell me what the trade ID in question is? Thanks.

The trade ID is : 50126673

How would someone view a promotional listing before it opens?

Could you be specific. (As in 4 days before the listing starts it becomes browse-able by the public and therefore can have some exposure or something to that effect)

Do you actually mean "Paid Promotion" - Crazy Wednesday Auctions and Snap Friday Auctions and or "Promotional Category" .

Isn't a "Weekend Special" a Paid Promotion? Why isn't it listed on the Fee Rate Card - What We Charge :

Fee Rate Card - What We Charge - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

Please if you don't mind use the exact terms as used in the help section so there is minimum chance for confusion!

Regards

The trade ID is : 50126673

How would someone view a promotional listing before it opens?

Could you be specific. (As in 4 days before the listing starts it becomes browse-able by the public and therefore can have some exposure or something to that effect)

Do you actually mean "Paid Promotion" - Crazy Wednesday Auctions and Snap Friday Auctions and or "Promotional Category" .

Isn't a "Weekend Special" a Paid Promotion? Why isn't it listed on the Fee Rate Card - What We Charge :

Fee Rate Card - What We Charge - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

Please if you don't mind use the exact terms as used in the help section so there is minimum chance for confusion!

Regards

Thanks, you have not been charged enhancement fees yet on this listing, these will only be charged wen the item opens in December.

When someone goes into the Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday or Weekend Special promotion sections, before the listings open, you will be able to view the listings without being able to bid. These appear several days before the listings open, for example, Crazy Wed. If a product is listed on a Thursday, it will show up from Friday until the auctions open on a Tuesday the following week. Snap Friday, the unopened listings will have exposure from the Sunday, Weekend Specials exposure from the Tuesday etc.

Paid promotions is Crazy Wed, Snap Friday and Weekend Specials, as stated in the Enhanced Listing area when creating your listing (although it is not stated on the fee rate card - it still falls under Paid Promotions - it has been added to the Fee Rate card). Promotional Category is where you can list an item in another category to get additional exposure (a second category for a fee).

Hope this helps?

Great thanks Cuan for that!

So to confirm : the only enhancement fees that are charged before the listing is open for bidding/buying are the Paid Promotions : Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday and Weekend Special .

All other enhancement fees are only billed in the instant they open for bidding/buying. So you can confirm/save a listing with any enhancement fees apart from the Paid Promotions : Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday and Weekend Special and you may either delete the listing or remove the enhancement's at any time before it opens and incur no fees? (if you could maybe confirm it with the big big guys).

This does appear to be the case becuase I removed the enhanced listing on my trade ID : 50126673 listing now and it allowed me to do that , whereas previously it would not allow that and give an error code : "I have already had exposure" or something to that effect.

Cuan would it be possible to please make it clear when the fees are actually charged in the Enhanced Listing Fees Rate Card

As in something to this effect:

"no enhanced listing fees are charged on listings until they open. Enhancements can be removed prior to the listing opening and no fees will be charged. However Paid Promotions : Crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday and Weekend Special can only be removed up until 4 days before the listing opens , after that the listing has exposure due to the nature of the Paid Promotions features and therefore the enhancements are charged for."