Sign in to follow this  
arctor

On topic -- the misuse of "discrete".

arctor    10
arctor

If you are reading this thread for the first time you may wish to refer to it's predecessor.

On topic: I believe that unscrupulous sellers are misusing a site feature – discrete item – to disguise their activities. I also believe that BOB is complicit in the misuse of this feature.

Discreet is for a purpose and some buyers want to be respected and prefer it.

Agreed – if you're dealing in miniature condoms. With art this is tantamount to destroying the artwork's provenance – something a legitimate art lover or dealer would never do.

...The discreet option is there for every seller to use and listings are monitored.

You have succeeded in describing the status quo but failed to provide an argument in support of it. And if you have a look at my original example you'll see that the “monitoring” works a lot better when the public have full knowledge of the facts. Allowing sellers to hide information negatively affects the credibility of your site.

admin    0
admin

Hi arctor,

This topic has been discussed umpteen times on the forums, the decision was made that the feature will be available to use on all items. Discreet items are monitored on a daily basis, it is your prerogative to believe what you want to, however, no more discussions will be entered into about the discreet function. Please do not open more threads about this.

Thank you.

Thread locked.