Sign in to follow this  
ashley_g

Seller refuses to let items go cos the auction was won at a low price

qball
The seller in question has listed those items on auction, and those same items have been won by other users.

This time the seller got his price for all those phones so i'm sure he will be glad to release them to the successful bidders who won the auction.

Yet i, who followed the same procedure as them, have lost out here.

To hell with small claims court and any other court for that matter.

It may seem small to you BidorBuy, but you have just shown me now that people can actually take advantage on this site without getting caught.

Issuing a warning to the person does what? He has been warned, and what has he done about it? What kind of warning was he issued with? Seems like he doesn't care about your warning!

I am a verified user on here, and Vince911 is not... therefore no action will be taken against him?

If i did the same, what would BidorBuy have done?

This is really disappointing. The seller is glad cos nobody has done anything about what he did to me, so im sure he will be pulling the same trick again in future.

I have nothing more to say rather than i am very disappointed with this site.

I am sorry that you feel this way. The same action would be taken if you were the seller. We look at several factors when issuing warnings, number of offenses, warnings issued, rating score etc. Trust me, there are a lot of sellers on this site, including forum members who have contravened our terms at one time or another and they would not be trading on this site still if they had been blacklisted. We give the seller an opportunity to rectify or respond to the situation. We also look at the number of offenses that have occurred, should this behaviour continue we do take further steps, including restricting their account for a certain period of time, disabling them, or depending on the severity of the offense - blacklisting. If we had to blacklist every seller (and there are many) that have at one time or another contravened our policies, there would be no sellers.

However, bidorbuy cannot enforce the buyer's rights legally, as stated, only the buyer can do this. The law will also look at contract law and if there was a "meeting of the minds". As no payment was made, you as the buyer, although understandably upset, has not lost anything financially.

If the seller does try to "pull the same trick" in the future, we won't be so kind.

Again, this is regrettable and I can only apologise for this situation. Unfortunately we will not be blacklisting the seller.

qball
I have not listed anything on the Wed crazy since May.

I did do a Wednesday crazy this week and prices were very disappointing so that is the end of crazy Wed for me.

I have no intention of conforming to "Buy now" to get extra exposure.

I shall just Plod, plod along

Please stick to the topic.

Thanks!

qball
I agree, I've got 2 rings on, worth at least R250 each - at <100 at the moment. Does this mean I can simply relist them tomorrow (on a buy now with an enhancement ) and get free advertising for at least a month?? Well now, that leaves at least 40% of traders on wednesday auctions open to simply not honour their commitment????

Sellers should always honour their commitments, just as buyers should too. f you don't and it's a first time, you will be issued a warning, if it happens repeatedly, you will be restricted, disabled or blacklisted. We certainly do not condone or encourage such behaviour, but it does happen from time to time.

qball

I would also like to add that the seller has filed a SNC, we will be finding the seller at fault and he will have to pay the success fees for the sale.

ashley_g

StudMuffinsMissus

Success fees payable = no great loss for seller. These types of losers should stick to Gumtree & Junkmail. Pity BoB couldn't ban their bums off here for a while :notrust: