Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

New Buyers using R16.50 as shipping fees?

ziggy2000

I notice many new buyers use R16.50 as the shipping fees? Why? I don't get it, what is confusing them?

MiemsJewels

Sjoe!! What a bargain!! They will soon discover the truth ziggy!

Edited by MiemsJewels
spelling

TS Ron

Wow amazing! I wish I could offer this kind of postage honestly!

Edited by TS Ron

kyle2

Cheapest economy shipping I know of is the SAPO at R23.00, excluding box @ +- R6.00, packing material @ +- R4.00, fuel to PO R9.00, + R6.00 contingency, = R39 that’s how I make up my shipping cost, some might disagree, but there it is for all to see. These are the actual costs, if you ship for less than that, you might be making a loss somewhere or are doing bulk shipping in which case you probably could drop the fuel and contingency costs.:weeabooface:

MsPlod

I take you any bet that they are confusing the "cash deposit" fee with the shipping fee?

qball

We do make it very clear in the order process that the R16.50 is for cash payments and must be added to the total if paying in this manner. Can you tell us who the buyer is so we can contact them about this?

ziggy2000

Hi Cuan, it isn't one particular buyer but as I said mostly new buyers who have never bought or bought one item. It is a trend I am picking up, so am genuinely wondering what is confusing them. I don't ship it that price, I inform them that they have made a mistake and then they are nice about paying the shortfall, so no problems there, just a recurring issue.

lilythepink

I seem to manage cheapest PO economy parcels (small and under 1 kg) for R19.30 (not R23.00 as Kyle2 has found). Then, of course, there is bubble wrap, tape, etc which all come into the mix to make costs around R40 to R45.00 per item.

ziggy2000

When newbies short pay for shipping, I advise them to make payment again using the same Reference Code given them for BoB EFT payments. Is this correct?

qball
When newbies short pay for shipping, I advise them to make payment again using the same Reference Code given them for BoB EFT payments. Is this correct?

Yes, that would be correct.

qball
Hi Cuan, it isn't one particular buyer but as I said mostly new buyers who have never bought or bought one item. It is a trend I am picking up, so am genuinely wondering what is confusing them. I don't ship it that price, I inform them that they have made a mistake and then they are nice about paying the shortfall, so no problems there, just a recurring issue.

As far as I can recall shipping and payment are on 2 different pages, so I am not sure where any confusion comes in, as the shipping page will display your shipping options and fees and a field to enter or select them. The R16.50 is only mentioned on the payment options page. What we do find is that many users simply do not read the instructions, besides beating them with a stick repeatedly, it's hard to get them to behave accordingly. The old saying goes - you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, applies here... ;-)

But as long as you communicate with the buyer all these issues can be resolved.

TS Ron
I seem to manage cheapest PO economy parcels (small and under 1 kg) for R19.30 (not R23.00 as Kyle2 has found). Then, of course, there is bubble wrap, tape, etc which all come into the mix to make costs around R40 to R45.00 per item.

Lily that is correct but I am sure that Kyle is speaking about registered mail? You speaking about ordinary the mail is not insured!

lilythepink

I've only sent registered letters (not parcels - those I insure when the need arises) so I don't know much about registered parcels, I have to be honest.