Sign in to follow this  
Neux

Similar items you may be interested in:

qball

No prob, hope the monkey in the advert helps...

lilythepink

Cuan - how did you manage to rent Wayne's trolley so you could sit in it?

qball

Wayne and I have an "arrangement", I let him use my kitty litter box in exchange...

lilythepink

The plot thickens! (Hope he also cleans the litter box out for you!)

qball

So far so good...

wayjen

yes but you said if I dig deeper I would find something all I found was Jack (begins with a S and ends with a T).

Is your cat named Jack.

qball
yes but you said if I dig deeper I would find something all I found was Jack (begins with a S and ends with a T).

Is your cat named Jack.

Jack Daniels!

wayjen

Dronk Lap cat!

qball

Tomorrow is Friday and Jack and I will be getting acquainted again!!!

wayjen

Monday comes around and with a pounding headache you start closing threads ha ha ha

booksallsizes

Loved the 'behind the scenes'! Thanks!

Pathway
This is not a trial run unfortunately. It is here to stay. It's hard to say what the long tail time period will be, this is dependent on several factors but also on Google indexing. We look ahead at least 5 years, so we are not just interested in instant gratification of the here and now, but sustainability looking ahead for all users on the site and for our business as a whole.

The link at the top of the page "View Similar" shows both auctions and buy nows. The listings displayed at the bottom of the page will display Buy Nows.

Well, I'm sorry it's here to stay. It's b***y irritating, and you have a perfectly good search facility.

MsPlod
Well, I'm sorry it's here to stay. It's b***y irritating, and you have a perfectly good search facility.

Could not agree more oo la la! The search facility is excellent - and could be enhanced still further without this "supposed" lure of other goodies. Rather spend time and effort on rooting out the baddies - and on supporting the good traders and buyers.

More "hits" does not necessarily mean more completed and satisfactory sales. Building up a reliable and trustworthy client base and sales platform does however mean that they will steadily grow their business. That is a long-term, sustainable view!

lilythepink

I agree with MsPlod's comments above about more "hits" not necessarily translating into more sales!

Looking after sellers would, in my opinion, be a much more sustainable, long-term view! Couldn't BoB make this an optional thing - those sellers who want to go with flow can opt for it; those of us who don't like it, well give us a choice. Please, Cuan?

lilythepink
Just to get some laughter back - not sure if you have seen our new ad which is going to flight from tomorrow onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LC7_NMx75Q

Have just watched this ad again. Now I know where The Beak has been skiving off to of late and why he is so conceited! I see him flying around above the escalator at the beginning of the video. Why didn't you tell me about his shenanigans?

wayjen

stay focused people it's a ruse (google it).

anneart

I feel really fed-up that this new page set up has just been introduced - wham bam - here it is live with it. I'm only just starting, after 2-3 years, to make some progress with sales. I've started doing the Wednesday Auction and often loose a bit but I don't mind if it improves sales. I object to the fact I have paid for promotions and other sellers are piggy backing on my ad for free and drawing attention away from my item. By all means advertise on items that have been sold and closed (as E-bay does) that is fair - this system is beyond a joke and I seriously hope it is reconsidered. There's a lot of very ticked off sellers out there!

MsPlod
While everyone is complaining no-one takes the well-being of the men in their lives too seriously - read my shocking experience: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/community-chat-forum/15156-builders-warehouse-scam-my-word-just-happened-me.html

Please BoB staff, management, leadership - with respect. This thread was started by BoBbers with a valid gripe. The folks from BoB have attempted to divert the thread by throwing adverts and other tripe into the mix. Please just let the issues be discussed without trivialising them and without attempting to divert the forum members as if we are three-year olds!

A percentage - apparently a significant percentage - of Traders are not happy - bottom line!

Edited by MsPlod
punctuation

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I have noticed a huge increase in the BUY NOW listings as everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and score some free advertising.

Miss Jewels

Buyers will only be there for as long as there are sellers. Unhappy sellers don't list their items....no buyers....no income....

Maybe this needs reconsideration? Majority rules, so a voting may be a solution and the outcome be accepted. In all fairness, it is the sellers that are keeping this site going. It is also the sellers who voted for BoB in a recent voting poll. Surely one hand washes the other?

A percentage - apparently a significant percentage - of Traders are not happy - bottom line!

wayjen

Have all options been considered here? Is there not a remote chance of a change where potential buyers can access a drop down screen or enhanced search function?

Little Miss Muffet

Collectors items are rarer than a computer for instance, so there tends to be less conflict of interest between the item I am selling and similar items advertised.

However, looking at a computer for sale,the similar items advertised are definately in conflict with the actual computer for sale.

It is the sold items that I think could cause a lot of frustration to internet users when researching an item.

I find it very frustrating when I google something to research it and a whole page of irrelevant items come up.

The sold item is below the " similar items" and could be missed by the person doing the research.

This will drive people away from researching something on Bidorbuy.

There is a website"Worthpoint" which sells collectors items but will not give a price unless one is a member.

I never bother to open this website, whereas if I did, I could end up buying something I really wanted.

On the other hand I quess it could force someone to register but research can be time consuming and frustrating and therefore drive people to other sites which are easier to use.

Edited by geewhizz