Sign in to follow this  
Neux

Similar items you may be interested in:

wayjen
:whistling:No, just being realistic and i really think this could benefit us all, if you cannot win them all then join them all and that is exactly what i am going to do!

We lost this one to the Dark Side it seems folks.

wayjen
put some Buy Nows then I will sell your stuff & you can sell mine

Hell why not hey. But if I do I want to sell them before Friday so I can go buy cake at the bazaar.

voldermort
We lost this one to the Dark Side it seems folks.

think Wayne, maybe more Buy Now's we can hitch a ride on..........

wayjen
think Wayne, maybe more Buy Now's we can hitch a ride on..........

The Love Boat?

Vinyl Lady Decals

If I can make some suggestions to the BoB team that should satisfy both sides:

1. Show any sellers ads from the category on closed listings.

2. At least half of the ads at the bottom should belong to the seller whose listing it appears under for ordinary Buy Nows and Auctions.

3. No ads at all under any Enhanced Listings.

If these suggestions are followed then the SEO and deep-linking will still be there, (pages should become sticker as Mac explained) to increase traffic to BoB without adversely affecting sellers who pay for their enhanced listings.

These suggestions are the best of both and I really see it as the only way to improve Bob without disadvantaging sellers.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

Asha Craft

This makes for exhausting reading seeing that I missed a whole day's worth! I agree and disagree with many of the statements and "moanings" above. The main point I want to highlight is that Mac makes a good point regarding visitors that bounce due to doing a Google search, only to find that the listing has closed.... BUT! if the "view similar items" shows on closed listings ONLY, then most sellers will be happy (given that checkout has been completed already, not like last time when you seduced the buyer into viewing similar items BEFORE checkout... naughty naughty...)

The current 'method' of trying to get a buyer to view other items while still bidding makes no sense in this regard, it drives traffic away from the listings that we pay good money for, and this has nothing to do with bounced listings because Google doesn't even pick these up yet while they are open.

That's all, g'night :weeabooface:

voldermort

1. Show any sellers ads from the category on closed listings.

2. At least half of the ads at the bottom should belong to the seller whose listing it appears under for ordinary Buy Nows and Auctions.

3. No ads at all under any Enhanced Listings.

Excellent idea Tananka.

Seeing as I do not want my fancier items sharing company with other people's goodies it then stands to reason that most of my fancier items I will move to paid listings so as to avoid just that and to have my own dedicated ad.......stands to reason too that any seller selling better items would do this as well.

So at the end of the day instead of losing money on paid listings (which I'm sure is what will happen if we are all made to share our enhanced ads with all & sundry) BoB will actually be making much more money from paid listings in the long run.

As it is, an ordinary ad is free so BoB really can do with it as they like & we really cant moan much about it at all but when we are paying for our ads, be it R5 or R100 we expect to have our own private ad, after all that is what we are paying for?

Edited by voldermort

Eccentric Beads
Just to get some laughter back - not sure if you have seen our new ad which is going to flight from tomorrow onwards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LC7_NMx75Q

it is brilliant -- have shared it around on facebook - we do appreciate BOB's efforts to advertise etc. and I am sure that none of us mean to be unfriendly, ungratefull etc. but also a lot of us cannot "afford" a trial period!! That is the main concern I think.

MsPlod

Disclosure of interest?

Anyone else interested in knowing who JacoJ is... :unsure:

I buy and sell and have no problem with the new layout!

JacoJ likes this.

Please do not be one eyed about this-All sellers will get extra exposure also under other sellers listings.You have to consider both sides of the coin.I for one do not have a problem wih it.

Neil

JacoJ likes this.

This is who JacoJ is... (click on the "JacoJ" to the left to find out...)

Maybe there should be a poll about this issue? But it would have to be an open poll - with BoB staff/management and ownership status disclosed?

wayjen

Aah yes we have met previously.

Morning Mr JacoJ!

lilythepink

Cuan, how long is the "long run" before we know whether this is benefiting all sellers? Is BoB doing another trial or is this now a permanent feature?

Am I now understanding that it is only "Buy Nows" which will appear when one clicks on the "see similar items" link?

qball
Cuan, how long is the "long run" before we know whether this is benefiting all sellers? Is BoB doing another trial or is this now a permanent feature?

Am I now understanding that it is only "Buy Nows" which will appear when one clicks on the "see similar items" link?

This is not a trial run unfortunately. It is here to stay. It's hard to say what the long tail time period will be, this is dependent on several factors but also on Google indexing. We look ahead at least 5 years, so we are not just interested in instant gratification of the here and now, but sustainability looking ahead for all users on the site and for our business as a whole.

The link at the top of the page "View Similar" shows both auctions and buy nows. The listings displayed at the bottom of the page will display Buy Nows.

Edited by qball
Added comments

wayjen

Can I change some items to Buy Nows?

voldermort
Can I change some items to Buy Nows?

go to Edit & Copy As Different Type then copy your auction to a buy now, copies everything for you, you only have to insert the price & Bob's your uncle :cool:

MsPlod

So - should I start writing in Q&As to a large selection of sellers...

"Really like your xxxxx - but the links on the advert showed a whole selection of other really lovely things - I think I'll go and buy those unless you want to change your mind about the price? Sharpen your pencil and you have my business..."

Is that also humorous?

kyle2
So - should I start writing in Q&As to a large selection of sellers...

"Really like your xxxxx - but the links on the advert showed a whole selection of other really lovely things - I think I'll go and buy those unless you want to change your mind about the price? Sharpen your pencil and you have my business..."

Is that also humorous?

You've pretty much summed it up here Lee.

Really dissapointed with the whole situation at the moment.......:meh:

booksallsizes
go to Edit & Copy As Different Type then copy your auction to a buy now, copies everything for you, you only have to insert the price & Bob's your uncle :cool:

But don't forget to delete the auction listing - or else a new kind of headache begins.

voldermort
But don't forget to delete the auction listing - or else a new kind of headache begins.

Sorry, thanks Balls, I forgot to add that :sad:

wayjen

BoB might be my uncle but he's fiddling with me.

So if I do a Buy Now it will show up under someones listing then and another person clicks and buys it then BoB loses out because it might go for far more on an auction?

qball

Just remember that if there are enhancements you will still be charged for the previous listing, so rather let it run until closing and then relist as different type.

wayjen
Just remember that if there are enhancements you will still be charged for the previous listing, so rather let it run until closing and then relist as different type.

The enhancements are things that I paid for right? I have only done it to the Desmond Tutu album and even then I have no idea if it worked or not.

voldermort

Yes, thanks :cool:

voldermort
The enhancements are things that I paid for right? I have only done it to the Desmond Tutu album and even then I have no idea if it worked or not.

go check next to the listing by the edit section Wayne, if it's paid for it will say something similar to Category Featured or Priority Featured etc, if it says nothing then it's not paid for.

qball

Yes, that would be correct. You chose to list it in a second category (for a R5 fee), the item listed received 44 views the first time round and the current auction has 9 views.

wayjen
Yes, that would be correct. You chose to list it in a second category (for a R5 fee), the item listed received 44 views the first time round and the current auction has 9 views.

Get them to buy the darn thing then.

Thanks Mr C.