Sign in to follow this  
Neux

Similar items you may be interested in:

qball
It seems that BoB management are attempting to have their cake and eat it too (in other words win-win for BoB and the majority can go hang) so maybe you should scrounge cake from BoB management Cuan, rather than trying to scrounge "cake" from traders who are battling away to keep their livelihoods safe? It may be an attempt at humour on your part - but methinks it is not in the best of taste - so to speak.

The majority of traders who have responded to this thread on the forum (and to the previous discussion - viewable here) were totally against this concept being implemented in these ways.

MsPlod, instead of "attacking me" at every opportunity, why not try to hear the other side of the argument... just a thought? :amuse:

And while I'm at it, I don't think this is funny at all, however, it is a decision we have taken after much deliberation and whilst in the short term some sellers may disagree with this, we feel in the long run it will benefit all.

Edited by qball

MsPlod
MsPlod, instead of "attacking me" at every opportunity, why not try to hear the other side of the argument... just a thought? :amuse:

No one is attacking you Cuan - if you are feeling beleaguered then that is something you must deal with rather than accuse me of "attacking you at every opportunity". I previously commented on your apparent attempt at humour within a thread which is clearly showing a common sense of unhappiness on the part of the majority of respondents.

And while I'm at it, I don't think this is funny at all, however, it is a decision we have taken after much deliberation and whilst in the short term some sellers may disagree with this, we feel in the long run it will benefit all.

This decision remains a unilateral one on the part of BoB - I recognise that you are small fry in the machinations of BoB - a "spokesperson" so to speak and thus you and MacMuffin are on the receiving end of most of the fall-out for someone else's decisions - however small-minded and short-sighted those decisions may arguably be.

Given the fairly lengthy debate in the earlier thread (viewable here) it seemed that BoB had decided to withdraw the links to other sellers' items. Renewed attempts to do this have again met with (IMO) justified opposition. The only change has been that now the links to other sellers' items is actually on the listings and not only appearing on the check-out page. If BoB wishes to sell more - make your traders happy and they will list more. SNCs take up a lot of administrative time which could be spent listing, buying, etc.

lilythepink

A note to Cuan - this facility does not display all the other options available. For instance, I have two enamelled items listed on Crazy Wednesday today. If I ask to see more, it does not even show up my other item but it does show up someone else's coulander. Now I find that unfair - why does my other enamelled item not show up? Is this "facility" selective perhaps because then it is definitely not fair.

A note to Mac - this ad is delightful! But how did you manage to get a picture of Wayne sitting in his trolley, trying to throw something? And the hippo's rear end makes for much laughter, too.

Edited by lilythepink

voldermort
Just a little observation - and it may not be a very good one, but it's on my mind so I'll put it here:

If you have item X and other buyer's items that are the same as X are shown below your listing and their item is cheaper, would you not then undercut their price so the buyer would be more attracted to your item X? Then, in turn, they would undercut you and so on until item X is way under cost to seller...

Then BOB gets much less commission because these items are now really really cheap.

Great for a buyer, by the way - but the buyer would be the only winner....

Or am I getting it wrong (again :cheesy:)?

Hell no, I have for instance a stamp listed at R20000.00, a quick look to see who is living at the bottom of my page shows someone selling a stamp at R5, another at R10 & another at R15........looks ludicrous to say the least.

I tried but cannot see where the similarities lie, it really makes the entire lay out look ridiculous.

Someone who is potentially interested in that particular stamp is going to scroll down and see the surprise in store at the bottom and then may think that I am selling that??

Seriously not kewl.

Edited by voldermort

MiemsJewels
Favours the buyer indeed but affects the seller!

I Totaly second Staccato! TOTALY!:sad2:

kyle2

Well, I was wondering why my sales had tapered off over the last while, now I have a possible reason, I really think that this feature should be optional, sellers who see the benefit of this should be able to activate it at their discretion, I for one don't want it.:sad:

qball
A note to Cuan - this facility does not display all the other options available. For instance, I have two enamelled items listed on Crazy Wednesday today. If I ask to see more, it does not even show up my other item but it does show up someone else's coulander. Now I find that unfair - why does my other enamelled item not show up? Is this "facility" selective perhaps because then it is definitely not fair.

A note to Mac - this ad is delightful! But how did you manage to get a picture of Wayne sitting in his trolley, trying to throw something? And the hippo's rear end makes for much laughter, too.

It looks at category, and Buy Nows (as stated previously) - enamelware (where your items are listed) and you have auctions, not Buy Nows. If you had similar items, were using Buy Nows and enhancements, your items would be displaying on another seller's page as well.

Please - no humour is allowed in this thread... :angel: Thank you.

wayjen

I still say that space should be there for our stuff and not a rivals items. It's a win for us and a win for BoB should we get more sales from it, either way BoB wins.

qball
No one is attacking you Cuan - if you are feeling beleaguered then that is something you must deal with rather than accuse me of "attacking you at every opportunity". I previously commented on your apparent attempt at humour within a thread which is clearly showing a common sense of unhappiness on the part of the majority of respondents.

This decision remains a unilateral one on the part of BoB - I recognise that you are small fry in the machinations of BoB - a "spokesperson" so to speak and thus you and MacMuffin are on the receiving end of most of the fall-out for someone else's decisions - however small-minded and short-sighted those decisions may arguably be.

Given the fairly lengthy debate in the earlier thread (viewable here) it seemed that BoB had decided to withdraw the links to other sellers' items. Renewed attempts to do this have again met with (IMO) justified opposition. The only change has been that now the links to other sellers' items is actually on the listings and not only appearing on the check-out page. If BoB wishes to sell more - make your traders happy and they will list more. SNCs take up a lot of administrative time which could be spent listing, buying, etc.

You could have fooled me MsPlod, luckily I don't take things personally... :whistling:

wayjen

I looked at a closed listing and saw those type of pictures at the top of a sellers item. So we have it at the bottom and the top now?

lilythepink

Seems that goods are being thrown at us now? Good grief.

DestinysAngels

Changed my mind - because i am a woman and i can!:whistling:

Edited by DestinysAngels

RAG Auctioneers

The "Buy Now" sellers are getting huge advantages from the "Auction" sellers listings - at the "auction" sellers expense.

Huge traffic to the Crazy Wednesdays auction = lots of redirecting to Buy Now listings = good for BOB as a whole.

As an auction only seller we do not like the idea.

It is very distracting when looking at the "Bid history".

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Great advert-love it -could see LILY flying around and almost sure i saw CUAN throwing his rattle out of the trolley.

NEIL

RAG Auctioneers
The "Buy Now" sellers are getting huge advantages from the "Auction" sellers listings - at the "auction" sellers expense.

Huge traffic to the Crazy Wednesdays auction = lots of redirecting to Buy Now listings = good for BOB as a whole.

On the other hand, as McMuffin has pointed out, it will in the long term increase traffic = bigger buyer base = better crazy Wednesdays....

:whistling:

catzcan
On the other hand, as McMuffin has pointed out, it will in the long term increase traffic = bigger buyer base = better crazy Wednesdays....

:whistling:

I am thinking on spending the money I do religeously every week on Crazy Wed and Weekend specials on enhancemens on my Buy Now items. In the long run it will work out cheaper, I get the exposure anyway on the crazy wed and I don't risk loosing money by having to sell an item for R1. It might take longer to sell but easier on the purse!

qball

We doubt the Buy Nows will affect crazy auctions because there is the potential of winning an item at R1... thus getting it cheaper than the Buy Now. As has been discussed here recently, it's a buyers market at the moment, it would make no sense to go and buy a Buy Now at a higher price than the chance of winning it on auction at R1.

And yes, more traffic is generated to listings, ultimately benefiting the sellers as a whole.

wayjen

If I have no items on a BuyNow then my listings wont show up under anyone elses listings?

voldermort
If I have no items on a BuyNow then my listings wont show up under anyone elses listings?

Hahaha Wayne, no free rides for you.....me, now I'm hitching everywhere.

wayjen

well isn't that just dandy hey??

DestinysAngels

:angel:Ahhhh, i just changed my mind, i think this could be a wonderful thing for both BOB, Buyers and Sellers alike - change is good and it seems scary in the beginning - but i can get used to it, i will list something as soon as my rush is over - Good job BOB!

voldermort
well isn't that just dandy hey??

put some Buy Nows then I will sell your stuff & you can sell mine

wayjen
:angel:Ahhhh, i just changed my mind, i think this could be a wonderful thing for both BOB, Buyers and Sellers alike - change is good and it seems scary in the beginning - but i can get used to it, i will list something as soon as my rush is over - Good job BOB!

Someone got to you hey? Were you threatened in anyway?

DestinysAngels
Someone got to you hey? Were you threatened in anyway?

:whistling:No, just being realistic and i really think this could benefit us all, if you cannot win them all then join them all and that is exactly what i am going to do!