Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neux

Similar items you may be interested in:

500 posts in this topic

I noticed that at the bottom of all listings there is a new feature added by bidorbuy.

Advertising similar items as item listed but problem is those similar items are items sold by other sellers.

Would not have had a problem if those items are items sold by the seller who listed the item but i think this is going to cause allot of problems for all sellers.

I noticed that at the bottom of all listings there is a new feature added by bidorbuy.

Advertising similar items as item listed but problem is those similar items are items sold by other sellers.

Would not have had a problem if those items are items sold by the seller who listed the item but i think this is going to cause allot of problems for all sellers.

This applies to search criteria, assuming I am searching for camera accessories, I can use this option to maximise results.

Just saw the same thing & couldn't agree more. I spend a lot of time on my ads obviously so that I can sell my items, not to advertise other sellers items on my ads.........no offence to any seller but business is business.

If at the bottom of the page you were to put View Similar Items and put that same sellers other items there that would be fine, but honestly, have you all ever walked into eg: Pick N Pay and seen signs saying "You Can Get Similar Goodies At Checkers", no and simply because that would be defeating the entire object of trying to promote your own items.

Also what I'd like to know is if I'm paying eg: for Feaured Priority Listing why then am I advertising items from other sellers who do not use this function & who never have......I then am basically paying to give other sellers exposure on my paid listings?

This is not a very nice feature at all.

Huh???? I saw this now too. Just watch if we get any questions asking for bids to be deleted now.

I have a signed Desmond Tutu record up and if someone looks at it but buys the beaded giraffe that someone else is selling for R12 I will go postal.

Edited by wayjen

This is SERIOUSLY UNFAIR! BoB - you are compromising sellers here. Yes, I am only a buyer but really guys! Not a nice move at all. This was discussed some time back if I remember correctly and there was an outcry then too. What are you thinking? It is one thing showing the same seller's wares - quite another to advertise similar items from other sellers.

C'mon - do the right thing here. Spend a bit of time and effort educating buyers on how to use the search facility rather than use an underhand trick like this to boost your BoB revenue!

I'm disgusted!

This is SERIOUSLY UNFAIR! BoB - you are compromising sellers here. Yes, I am only a buyer but really guys! Not a nice move at all. This was discussed some time back if I remember correctly and there was an outcry then too. What are you thinking? It is one thing showing the same seller's wares - quite another to advertise similar items from other sellers.

C'mon - do the right thing here. Spend a bit of time and effort educating buyers on how to use the search facility rather than use an underhand trick like this to boost your BoB revenue!

I'm disgusted!

Ditto, to all of the above. It is already downright disgusting, that fellow sellers can just scavenge through our listings, then put an identical listing on,identical beads,identical text, identical layout of the items, AND get away with it, and now when a potential buyer clicks on ,for example, seller A's item, gets shown what the carbon copy seller is selling???.

I have had some bad experiences with a certain seller, who just copies at will, and has therefore caused quite a few craft sellers to abstain from listing (other craft sellers have been targeted as well).

By all means, sell your items, but let it be your OWN ideas,your own text,your own creativity!!!

Sorry if this comes across as "brash" but I am one of many craft sellers, who have had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - thumbs down!

I agree wholeheartedly - this is not on! We spend hours setting up listings only to have a buyer scroll to the bottom and his eye is caught by another listing from someone else. It would be fine if the items were the sellers own but this is seriously unfair. I'm browned off to be polite!!

The best to protect your listing is to put your signature on the picture etc that has got to deter the person.

Please do not be one eyed about this-All sellers will get extra exposure also under other sellers listings.You have to consider both sides of the coin.I for one do not have a problem wih it.

Neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

Looks like they brought it back again. Anyone remember that BOB tried this a while ago when buyers had to checkout?! I don't like this at all.

Trying really hard to be like ebay are we?

I think perhaps what has not yet been realised is that BoB works on commission. I for one will not sell an item that is worth thousands for nothing (unless of course there is something wrong with it, or I am trying to create exposure for my OWN ads), therefore if somebody places a bid on an item of mine and then miraculously that same item is suddenly listed by another seller for nothing (hoping to get some free exposure) and I am requested by the buyer to delete the bid, which according to the CPA I now have to do (last time this was tried there was no CPA, remember?) & the self-same buyer then goes to buy the cheaper version, at the end of the day BoB may very well have sold an item off my ad........just not mine, and will wind up getting way less commission on that item. I wonder if this has been thoroughly thought through, as it seems a bit like shooting oneself in the foot whilst forcing somebody else to hold the gun???

Are we all one-eyed today??All sellers will get extra exposure also under other sellers listings.You have to consider both sides of the coin.I for one do not have a problem wih it.

Neil

I am sure your sentiments are understood, BUT, when it concerns a category that is in serious need of revival, namely the crafts (bulk offers (kits) in beading), then surely a revival is not possible when the kits look as if they are listed by the same seller.

I had a telephone call from a client of mine a couple weeks ago,and she said that if she did not see the proof in front of her,she would have thought that the items were listed by the same seller and not two different sellers, as I had an item on for a few days already at the time, when the carbon copy saw fit to just cash in on my ideas, my description of my items etc, even the grouping of certain beads together EXACTLY. Needless to say, this client was disgusted to say the least.

We are trying to get the craft category (bulk kit auctions) back to where it once was, as it has dwindled dramatically in listings for a long time now, but when the buyers are offered the identical thing, wherever they look, in the buyer's own words "what is the use?" as there is no variety to choose from.

Until certain fellow sellers decide to respect the long hours of hard work and effort of other sellers, and sell their own ideas, buyers will stay away. (and that is also the take on the situation, by buyers)

Please do not be one eyed about this-All sellers will get extra exposure also under other sellers listings.You have to consider both sides of the coin.I for one do not have a problem wih it.

Neil

I thought this would be consider as plagiarism if you just some one else advert without enquiring from the person. Just remember alot of sellers do put alot of work into their listings. It is only curtesy to ask surely?

We had this discussion before yes where other peoples items were showing on our listings and it was removed. This won't work for sellers.

I buy and sell and have no problem with the new layout!

I don't mind because my items are unique and I hold copyright, but I do sell other items from time to time, then this would effect me. I am not in favour of this!

This is like stealing from sellers, especially those who are paying for their listings!

Uncle BoB needs to do a serious rethink on this absolutely unfair practice!

If I pay for an advert, I do not need potential customers being directed elsewhere.

We had this discussion before yes where other peoples items were showing on our listings and it was removed. This won't work for sellers.

Maybe I did not make myself clear? The seller in question takes her own pictures, yes, BUT, after my listings appear, she would no doubt go shopping, then put as much as she could get of the exact same items I have in my listing,in HER listings, grouped,and laid out, exactly as I did mine, and where I would try and describe something in my own words, she would use that as well, even my choice (theme) of thumbnail images was taken and run with as her own, and when I changed my choice of thumbnail images for my listings, she would choose the same type as well, over and over again, each time I changed my "theme"

Now this may be allowed, as some images are internet images, but why, if she is not blatantly spiteful, would she (or any other seller) do that???

I have been selling on BOB for over 4 years, and a new sellers comes and in a short period of time, managed to chase numerous of us away from listing the way we used to, all because there is not an inch of creativity in her???

I give up!!!!!

A can of worms indeed. Valid points from both sides, but this favours the buyer not the seller.

I thought this would be consider as plagiarism if you just some one else advert without enquiring from the person. Just remember alot of sellers do put alot of work into their listings. It is only curtesy to ask surely?

I am not referring to copying some ones advert-that is a definite no-no.I said i do not have a problem with similar items from other sellers being displayed under my listings as i would then benefit from the same exposure with my items being displayed under other sellers listings.

I do understand their are categories that this will not work but i cannot see why overall this is so horrifying?

neil

If I am paying for a listing, I do NOT want to share it with other sellers! BoB owes us an explanation (if not an apology and a refund on our listing costs) as this is definitely a change in the rules!

Looks like they brought it back again. Anyone remember that BOB tried this a while ago when buyers had to checkout?! I don't like this at all.

& that time it was only on the check out.....this time it is a foul swoop.

Where would BoB be without sellers who pay for their listings?

I thought we lived in a democratic society but this sudden imposition on what I feel are our rights is downright autocratic!

If I am paying for a listing, I do NOT want to share it with other sellers! BoB owes us an explanation (if not an apology and a refund on our listing costs) as this is definitely a change in the rules!

Exactly Lily, if I pay R100 for a listing by my standards R100 is still a lot of money even these days & that R100 I have spent for myself, to promote my items, not some other sellers items.......if I am selling the 5 shilling London Issue in excellent unmounted condition for 60% catalogue value, +- R4000, & somebody else has that exact thing damaged......with rust, or a hole etc etc & they see my ad and then they place that damaged item..........seems to me BoB would expose THAT item in my ad seeing as it is similar and for a buyer who does not know that the damaged item is worth absolutely zilch.......well then they would run to buy the broken item. And at the end of the day I have paid R100 to sell somebody else's rubbish???

As it is already people are doing things such as said above, but now we also have to advertise for these sellers????

Edited by voldermort