Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

negative rating placed just after auction..what can I do

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help. I know BoB doesn't usually interfere in negative ratings but want to know if there is anything I can do because I have a new user who blatently rated me negative within days of the auction.

Other Fishing - ORIGINAL TCP Antiseptic - Any fisherman's dream was sold for R11.00 on 26 Oct at 22:01 by miraclebabycaw in Johannesburg (ID:48944213)

Auction was won on 26th October wed auction.

Buyer was sent a mail and completed order and payment on the 27th

The buyer completed checkout on 27 Oct 17:58. Auction won on 26 Oct 22:01.

I posted the item on the 28th (Friday):

your parcel was dispatched today. The tracking number is PExxxxxxxxZA. Please track on http://www.sapo.co.za or call your nearest post office if you have not received notification within 7 working days as S

... more 28 Oct 11 12:26

On the 30th he rates me negative..

30 Oct 2011 10:13

1x1_trans.gif

Comment

Still waiting for "next shipment" for the last 2 weeks, other sellers are just a bit quicker.

I replied to the rating saying I think he has made a mistake showing timing and also sent him a mail asking him to please explain why the negative and can he change it. I have had no reply and nothing changed.

Is there anything I can do about this. This is totally unfair and unjustified?

I have one negative rating from a couple years back on one person who did not bother to read the auction, and one neutral also from someone who did not read and had an SNC filed and was pissed about it. I know it is only one negative but I hate them....

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Impossible that is how can a buyer rate you on shipping.The rating is on the product you sold! Contact bidorbuy ask them if they shall remove the rating? Good luck with the buyer.

admin    0
admin

Hi miraclebabycaw,

If I was you, I would phone the buyer. Looks to me like the rating was meant for another seller. The buyer is new and probably does not know how to change the rating.

miraclebabycaw    10
miraclebabycaw

Thanks guys. I have thought about phoning him but also don't want him to then get cheesed off about that and leave that rating saying I was harassing him. I'll give it another day or so and then contact the helpdesk.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think Andries' advice is absolutely correct. Why don't you just type up a friendly email and explain the situation to him as clearly as you can in a pleasant way? Tell him that you have noticed he is relatively new to BoB and that you think he may have rated you wrongly instead of another buyer? Explain to him how important ratings are to sellers and you really don't think you deserve the negative rating.

If that email doesn't work then wait a day or so and call him - be as sweet as you can and, again, explain the situation to him. Ask him if he doesn't think he's made a mistake (don't tell him he has!) and is there any way you can help him to change the rating!

Good luck.