Sign in to follow this  
mrmouse

Sellers not giving contact details

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Why are some sellers still not giving any contact details when you purchase from them ? It is illegal to sell without giving details of who you are ,I refuse to pay money to someone without contactable references and with a free untraceable email address . This seems to be the case with certain sellers , excellent record or not , details should be given , No Details No Payment .

RisingSun    10
RisingSun

i think you should write more clearly, because your thread is bit misleading and sounds like seller completely refused to provide details which is not the case because i am the seller in question

you immediately received the email address of seller after placing an order (so you do receive contact details of seller) if you need more details you can ask the seller like phone number / address etc etc, check sellers ratings, verified status etc

lot of sellers i know, only supply more details on request only due to safety reasons, if they refuse then i think you can reject to complete the sale or best thing you must always use Q&A before purchase.

also if seller is a verified user thats mean you purchases are covered by buyers protection plan and bid or buy has all relevant details of seller so you dont have un-necessary issues

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Looks as if you may have a need to get Admin involved here guys? Sad for both of you to have negative ratings for something which could readily be resolved without doing your dirty washing on a public forum?

RisingSun    10
RisingSun

yes true i even told him i have nothing personal against you and if you are completing the deal i have no complains (he can ask for whatever details he want i dont have any problems with it) but dont understand why he making it big issue like he caught theif, comeone man you must be flexible otherwise one day same thing can happen with you as well.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

All that was issued on completion of sale is a free email address , my accounts dept will not pay on that , I requested all details as im entitled to and was only forwarded that after I had cancelled the sale . shipping info and details were sent with a long story about harrasment etc if numbers are given out , sorry unacceptable .Buyer refused to send insured mail at my request , I am not on premises during the day as my work requires me to be on the road when needed , so no courier at the moment .It is my right to cancell a sale within 5 days if I need to , I am not comfortable with seller and have done so .I gave a good green happy rating and was then slated with a red revenge rating , I have since changed my rating to reflect the situation.I offered to pay the listing fee which I will not do now .

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Bid or Buy has the contact details of the sellers for cases like these. There are good reasons why sellers do not advertise those details unless they are specifically requested.

It seems you changed your mind about the sale ans are now trying to find a reason so you can get rid of the negative rating.

The shipping terms are in the auction. You accepted them when you decided to buy the item. You can't now blame the seller because they did not change their policies for you.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I do think that a seller should provide at least one telephone contact number. Last week I bought 4 items from a seller who just puts her email address where the telephone number should be. I paid immediately for the items but haven't had a single response from her (fortunately I paid through BoB eft). She could have rated me; she could by now have let me have a tracking number - but despite two emails from me I am still waiting to hear from her. This is worrying some 5 days after she's been paid!

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

I've heard of sellers being called at 4am after buyers completed a "Buy Now" transaction so I can understand why some of them choose not to have their details available without request, especially those who work from home.

I would ask BoB to check on the seller or provide you with the details to follow up.

RisingSun    10
RisingSun

again you misleading, first you used rating system for communication which is not a communication tool and never emailed me to ask details etc, anyway i still have proof that what time (7:30) you asked for contact details in positive rating and i replied by email (proper way of communication) at 8:11, you updated the rating at 9:15 and wriote PLEASE CANCEL SALE so reason i sent my details later is not valid.

yes you cant just dictate to the seller what to do, my shipping option are clearly mentioned in the listings and if you want to change you must ask before purchase, i dont use post office and post office has bad record of handling fragile items and buyers starts complaing about packaging etc when they receive damaged item.

i agree with "Lukeness" you just want to cancel the deal and trying to find reason for that.

RisingSun    10
RisingSun

yes but i do reply within mins or less then one hour for all the quesries so we cant apply that on me that he got no response

RisingSun    10
RisingSun

yes i received call at 11:00 in the evening 6:00 in the morning and one one 3:00 (buyer thought we have 24hrs service) and after that i decided to remove the number and only supply when someone ask, this buyer also received contact number with in acceptable time

TS Ron    10
TS Ron
I've heard of sellers being called at 4am after buyers completed a "Buy Now" transaction so I can understand why some of them choose not to have their details available without request, especially those who work from home.

I would ask BoB to check on the seller or provide you with the details to follow up.

In a case of supplying your cell phone number you can turn it after hours.Wow I am lucky never had that problem with some one calling me strange hours.And just like any other business even if you work from home I do not answer the office cell phone after hours.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

Hi lukeness

The negative rating doesnt worry me at all .

qball    11
qball

Thread closed, becoming confrontational.

As far as bob is concerned - the seller must supply all contact details including physical address, company registration info etc. as per the CPA, and if requested by the buyer, the seller must comply. CPA Sections 26, section 33 and 79. Please also refer to the ECT Act sec 43:

Information to be provided

(1) A supplier offering goods or services for sale, for hire or for

exchange by way of an electronic transaction must make the following

information available to consumers on the web site where such goods or

services are offered:

(a) Its full name and legal status;

(b) its physical address and telephone number;

© its web site address and e-mail address;

(d) membership of any self-regulatory or accreditation bodies to which

that supplier belongs or subscribes and the contact details of that body;

(e) any code of conduct to which that supplier subscribes and how that

code of conduct may be accessed electronically by the consumer;

(f) in the case of a legal person, its registration number, the names of

its office bearers and its place of registration;

(g) the physical address where that supplier will receive legal service of

documents;

(h) a sufficient description of the main characteristics of the goods or

services offered by that supplier to enable a consumer to make an informed

decision on the proposed electronic transaction;

(i) the full price of the goods or services, including transport costs,

taxes and any other fees or costs;

(j) the manner of payment;

(k) any terms of agreement, including any guarantees, that will apply to

the transaction and how those terms may be accessed, stored and reproduced

electronically by consumers;

(l) the time within which the goods will be dispatched or delivered or

within which the services will be rendered;

(m) the manner and period within which consumers can access and maintain a

full record of the transaction;

(n) the return, exchange and refund policy of that supplier;

(o) any alternative dispute resolution code to which that supplier

subscribes and how the wording of that code may be accessed electronically

by the consumer;

(p) the security procedures and privacy policy of that supplier in respect

of payment, payment information and personal information;

(q) where appropriate, the minimum duration of the agreement in the case

of agreements for the supply of products or services to be performed on an

ongoing basis or recurrently; and

® the rights of consumers in terms of section 44, where applicable.