Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Buyers Please Read Payment Terms Carefully

voldermort

Why do some buyers bid without reading payment & shipping terms. I have in bold underlined print on all my ads that credit card option is for overseas buyers only, I have even included the same message so it will be displayed when doing the check out and yet.................in the last month alone I have had at least 20 local buyers paying by credit card but thankfully when the payment is reversed & same bold underlined message emailed to them, they are always apologetic & quite ready to admit they should have read the terms properly.

Today though I have a buyer who paid by credit card which I duly reversed, then I receive a sarcastic email thanking me for reversing the payment as they now have to trek over some mountains or something to get to the nearest bank!

Well now firstly if they are already all hooked up to the internet surely an EFT is no skin off their back but if they really do want to do the great trek well frankly I don't care. Every seller has their own terms & conditions ie: if I see a seller selling something I really want but their payment is paypal only, why on earth would I bid if I don't have paypal?

It seems to me that payment terms, shipping conditions & tracking number emails are lost on a very large percentage of buyers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are going to buy..............read the ad, read the shipping, read the payment terms and then to be sure, read it all over again before your finger hits that buy or bid now button.

lilythepink

Oh dear. This seems to be an ongoing problem for you. I wonder if BoB can't put a special message on your payment options so that buyers will know that the credit card option is only for overseas buyers? If only buyers would join the forum and read the threads ...!

bitesize

I also have a problem with newbies who don't read the bold writing on the listing. one of my buyers bought an item at the beginning of the month and said he would pay at the end of the month. i have let him do so. but then he was questioning me about the item, whether or not he can trust me and so. on my listings, in bold, i state that people must ask questions before bidding or buying. it can be frustrating for sellers when buyers don't adhere to the rules (i also know it's frustrating for buyers when sellers don't do the same).