Sign in to follow this  
Pickle Bearies

Why are so many photos missing from listing when I browse?

Pickle Bearies

Hi, could some one tell me why there are so many pics missing when I browse lately? Is the fault with my pc connection or is it a fault on BOB? It's very frustrating all I see is lots of writing and no pics!!

staccato
Hi, could some one tell me why there are so many pics missing when I browse lately? Is the fault with my pc connection or is it a fault on BOB? It's very frustrating all I see is lots of writing and no pics!!

It is BoB, they are busy with maintenance.

retailrush

Thanks Staccato - I was also wondering!!!

lilythepink

It is indeed frustrating to troll through the Wednesday auctions (as I did this morning) and half the pictures on a page don't come up for ages. Hope the problem has been rectified or we'll be losing buyers.

staccato
It is indeed frustrating to troll through the Wednesday auctions (as I did this morning) and half the pictures on a page don't come up for ages. Hope the problem has been rectified or we'll be losing buyers.

Some pics are gone forever, spent hours till after midnight yesterday uploading thumbnails to 40 listings! Mac said there was a problem and something went wrong when they were enlarging the thumbnails.

MacMuffin

We apologize for the disappearance of some images - we had two brief outages over the last two weeks (prior to Saturday's storage migration) which unfortunately affected some sellers. Staccato is unfortunately the only seller with a large quantity of source images gone missing and we could not even recover from backup. Another handful of sellers had been affected with 2-5 images gone missing.

We have now recreated all thumbnails and we have two administrators going through categories on a daily basis to rectify any problems. Your sold-item thumbnails might not show yet and this will take some time as we are going through tens of millions of trades, but believe that the sold items should be migrated towards the end of this week.

If you spot any issues, please post your details here and we will attend to it asap.

The larger images seem to have made a difference in sales as turnover compared to previous weeks and months are up

voldermort

Thanks for the new look Mr Mac, the thumbnails do look great...however are you sure your figures above are correct.

I spent the best part of yesterday reloading only LP's where the images had disappeared, I possibly reloaded about 50 yesterday and still have more waiting to do when I get back later and that is without having checked my stamps, books, DVDs etc although I do know images are missing from those as well. So overall I have possibly +- 100 or more images that have disappeared. Although on the other hand I suppose it is not a lot when you consider the amount of items I have listed...so again thanks for the enlarged thumbnails, especially on the stamps, it looks great :grin:

Incidentally could you please look at auction number 48136687......this had a photo when it got bid on, the image disappeared on Monday & I am worried the buyer may think I deleted the image, if possible could you please retrieve it?

Thanks

Edited by voldermort

MacMuffin
Thanks for the new look Mr Mac, the thumbnails do look great...however are you sure your figures above are correct.

I spent the best part of yesterday reloading only LP's where the images had disappeared, I possibly reloaded about 50 yesterday and still have more waiting to do when I get back later and that is without having checked my stamps, books, DVDs etc although I do know images are missing from those as well. So overall I have possibly +- 100 or more images that have disappeared.

Incidentally could you please look at auction number 48136687......this had a photo when it got bid on, the image disappeared on Monday & I am worried the buyer may think I deleted the image, if possible could you please retrieve it?

Thanks

Hi there - I had a look at the trade you mentioned. The source image is gone. If you can upload the image again and provide me with a link to it I can update the trade once I get into the office.

Did by any chance your listings with missing images have a relist option?

voldermort
Hi there - I had a look at the trade you mentioned. The source image is gone. If you can upload the image again and provide me with a link to it I can update the trade once I get into the office.

Did by any chance your listings with missing images have a relist option?

Thanks Mr Mac, I have to take Jade to UCT in a few minutes (writing her first exam today) should be back by lunchtime & I will send you the link when I get back.

All of them had a relist option available.......oops, was I just supposed to relist & would the image have come back?

voldermort

Thanks very much for getting the image back up Mr Mac........I think we have now thoroughly managed to bamboozle this buyer & at the end of the day, I don't think he will really remember what he bid on initially :grin: