Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan_Alien

sellers using auction to sell items @ pretty much the same price as the buy now items

7 posts in this topic

some users are abusing the system of auctions and flooding the auction section and basically selling their items for R5 less and disabling sapo option so they make about the same amount of money.

these are the same items from the same sellers!its an advertising tactic

this should not be allowed because they are pretty much scamming users into thinking they are getting a good price meanwhile its the same.i could also just be a reseller then and tell people that bid on my items will only be shipped in two weeks and still make a profit.meanwhile the servers are getting overloaded and the users are overpaying for items

here is an example where even the sapo rate is also extremely overpriced since i know that should only cos R25 at most to ship

bid link

buy link

Hi Alan,

In all fairness, all advertising is a tactic. Sellers are allowed to advertise in any manner that "attracts" buyers provided it falls in line with BOB regulations. I think I speak on behalf of all sellers that that cannot be construed as scamming. BOB is also a very open marketplace. A buyer can view ALL the sellers items, meaning that if it's R5 cheaper than the Buy Now, this is visible to all buyers.

With regards execessive shipping charges. This can be reported to BOB at communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. Do however note also that shipping does not just cover the postage stamp, but also costs directly related to shipping, like packaging material and transport to the post office itsself. With the seller concerned and the items you've linked, specific mention is made that these items are sent via courier and not SAPO, hence the higher shipping charges. The seller has also sold over 3000 items with an upper 99% percentile positive ratings. It would seem most buyers are rather satisfied with their purchases and the sellers conditions of sale.

Multiple items or flooding can also be reported to BOB who will take the action they deem necessary.

It appears as if he only allows courier rates on the bid option (R95) and both SAPO (R45) and courier rates on the Buy now option. But, it's really up to the buyer to find the best deal for this on BOB ...

This seller offers free shipping for a similar product - all for R26! http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/47853886/Deep_Cool_Z5_High_Performance_Thermal_Paste.html I can't imagine how he can even break even at that price, when one considers the postage costs as well. This seller sells a similar product at R32 with postage of R35 http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/48525586/StarTech_1_5G_Tube_of_Silver_Based_Thermal_Heatsink_Paste.html.

Moral of the story - shop around and search out better prices before commiting.

Edited by amcintyre

@ amcintyre i know how to look for the best prices since i noticed this little scheme and posted in the forum.and since the admin liked your post brands online we can assume this matter closed because that pretty much covered all the basis.feel free to delete thread

I hope the thread doesn't get closed, simply because it is important to remind buyers to shop around, to read the shipping tariffs, etc. No matter how many times this issue gets raised, there will always be those who need to be reminded Alan. Your voice has added to the many who have already been "bitten" or "narrowly escaped".

Just because Admin likes something - does not mean that the thread should be closed? Does it? Admin? LOL?

Thanks for raising the issue on the forum!

wow.thank you for your positivity MsPlod.was feeling kinda ganged haha.to build on your idea of keeping the thread open to remind other users.could maybe create a sticky of accepted practice or something of the sort.well anyway enjoy your day and thank you for your post

wow.thank you for your positivity MsPlod.was feeling kinda ganged haha.to build on your idea of keeping the thread open to remind other users.could maybe create a sticky of accepted practice or something of the sort.well anyway enjoy your day and thank you for your post

Enjoy your day too - hope to see you posting more on the forum...

I love R5 shopping, itsa CRAZZZZY!:cheesy: