Sign in to follow this  
flysouth

Revenge Ratings

wayjen

I phoned uncle BoB twice this morning to speak to either Bertus or Bennet and when they were not in after 9am I left a message to call me.

I need to sort out a serious problem with a Buyer abusing the rating system but I am now unsure if I should wait for a return call or report this person via the website.

fabianbridger
This sounds very much like a revenge rating. Send all the info to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and let them sort things out for you!

I have had the same problem..........sellers are quick too change the ratings of buyers if they cant deliver a good service

wayjen

I have emailed CW as we have received a Revenge Rating and it's plain to see it is a revenge rating because an SNC was involved. I am just waiting for BoB to respond.

lilythepink

Well how is this for a type of "revenge rating" ...

We have neighbours whose dogs get left in their small front garden day and night. Being Jack Russells they yap and howl their heads off in boredom (never walked or played with!). MrA decided enough was enough after a whole lot of cheek when they were asked, very politely for the umpteenth time, to please keep their dogs inside at night. We were being woken anything between 5 and 11 times a night! Still no luck. So MrA asked the Municipality to issue a warning notice about 3 weeks ago.

Since then the neighbour (the husband) decides we need to be serenaded between 6.15 and 6.30 a.m. Mondays to Fridays! He revs his bakkie engine (hope it will blow up soon) and hoots, sometimes only one hoot but others can be 5 or 10 times, and then drives off. As we're always wide awake by 6 a.m. he doesn't disturb us but the young couple next door to us have a month old baby ...! And this "man" is a headmaster at one of our economically deprived schools. Fortunately he seems to sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays!

If only he knew how the other neighbours feel about him ...! And MrA and I just feel sorry for the pitiful individual who starts out each work day with such revenge! (He's in his 50's so not a youngster who doesn't know better!)

svw
Well how is this for a type of "revenge rating" ...

We have neighbours whose dogs get left in their small front garden day and night. Being Jack Russells they yap and howl their heads off in boredom (never walked or played with!). MrA decided enough was enough after a whole lot of cheek when they were asked, very politely for the umpteenth time, to please keep their dogs inside at night. We were being woken anything between 5 and 11 times a night! Still no luck. So MrA asked the Municipality to issue a warning notice about 3 weeks ago.

Since then the neighbour (the husband) decides we need to be serenaded between 6.15 and 6.30 a.m. Mondays to Fridays! He revs his bakkie engine (hope it will blow up soon) and hoots, sometimes only one hoot but others can be 5 or 10 times, and then drives off. As we're always wide awake by 6 a.m. he doesn't disturb us but the young couple next door to us have a month old baby ...! And this "man" is a headmaster at one of our economically deprived schools. Fortunately he seems to sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays!

If only he knew how the other neighbours feel about him ...! And MrA and I just feel sorry for the pitiful individual who starts out each work day with such revenge! (He's in his 50's so not a youngster who doesn't know better!)

Try sticking a potatoe up his exhaust.........

Vinyl Lady Decals

What pathetic behaviour for a so-called adult.

svw
What pathetic behaviour for a so-called adult.

More than pathetic - on a more serious note this is a headmaster, some type of example for his pupils!

Edited by svw
spelling

mellowred

That is a really sad story Lil. To do that every morning, he must be totally focused on the situation from the moment he wakes. Very negative aura, and very little else to perk up his day.

MsPlod
Try sticking a potatoe up his exhaust.........

Personally I can think of a better placing for the potato (although I would not wish to get that that close to him)...

Seriously though, what a tragic person. How sad for him to live with that kind of toxic attitude. Hope you sell your house SOON!

lilythepink

Oh he doesn't bother us at all and in fact his silliness gives us a smile in the mornings. If he only knows ...

As to sticking a potato up his exhaust, that would be ***-for-tat and we don't stoop as low as that! (Our house is on a higher level than his is and every time I see him walking out his front door I just send him blessings!)

Sale of the house in Grahamstown - there have been only 9 viewers since January! This is not like the big cities and, somehow, buyers are scarce in this little city. We are not in any hurry.

svw

I feel sorry for the little Jack Russells you probably find the reason they are barking is that all they are wanting is a nice warm bed inside - not to be left out in the cold!

lilythepink

You've hit the nail on the head, svw! They were utterly bored, lonely and totally neglected. But I wish I knew they were removed to a happier place!

mellowred

The nasty man across the road most likely tells his cronies how naughty and uncontrollable Jack Russells are.

Poor little souls.

MsPlod
Sale of the house in Grahamstown - there have been only 9 viewers since January! This is not like the big cities and, somehow, buyers are scarce in this little city. We are not in any hurry.

Advertise during the festival - you may just find a rich Gautenger who really wants a place in Grahamstown but hadn't realised how much until they fell in love with your house...

lilythepink

Good idea, MsPlod. If it works what commission do you charge? lol

MsPlod
Good idea, MsPlod. If it works what commission do you charge? lol
My commission will be having you and MrA within easy driving distance... ;) Edited by MsPlod
Removed HTML code

lilythepink

Sounds great, MsPlod! :love:

wayjen
I have emailed CW as we have received a Revenge Rating and it's plain to see it is a revenge rating because an SNC was involved. I am just waiting for BoB to respond.

Thanks Khonekile!!

wayjen

I don't know if we have a 6month itch but the guy we blocked due to revenge ratings after we filed an SNC in 2011/2012 is paying money into our account (a few minutes ago) for some reason. I know Cuan looked at the issue with this Buyer and it was sorted out but I think BoB might have unblocked him and he has now paid money to us. We are not sure why this is as we have no dealings with him and wonder if it is a mistake on his part.

This was one of the worse dealings we had on BoB with a Buyer and for some glitches he keeps appearing on our system every few months as if he is haunting us.

kyle2
I don't know if we have a 6month itch but the guy we blocked due to revenge ratings after we filed an SNC in 2011/2012 is paying money into our account (a few minutes ago) for some reason. I know Cuan looked at the issue with this Buyer and it was sorted out but I think BoB might have unblocked him and he has now paid money to us. We are not sure why this is as we have no dealings with him and wonder if it is a mistake on his part.

This was one of the worse dealings we had on BoB with a Buyer and for some glitches he keeps appearing on our system every few months as if he is haunting us.

He's setting you up for round 2 Wayne, (Dong!!!) there you go.:razz:

wayjen

I am loading my grease gun as we speak, someone's in for a world of hurt.

booksallsizes

Now now, Wayne... What effect is a grease gun going to have on an already slippery character?

wayjen
Now now, Wayne... What effect is a grease gun going to have on an already slippery character?

he can slide on out of my nightmares.

kyle2

Don't you mean "World of Squirt"................:cheesy:

alloway65
I am loading my grease gun as we speak.

There are more sophisticated forms of lubrication Wayne!!!!!:wondering: