Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

ziggy2000 - Telkom Woes...Again!

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Hi All, if anybody is trying to contact me, my telephone lines have been down for a month and my adsl connection down for 4 days. Going on past experience, I suspect my internet connection will be down for quite a while. If anybody has the magic formula to get Telkom's attention, please let me know! Thanks, Michelle

wayjen    10
wayjen

Damn, that really sucks!

We went down 2 weeks ago for 3 days. Phoned every day and about 5 times a day just to be told that a technician will be/is despatched to fix the exchange and they will call me. No one called and on the third day it was fixed. We phoned for a credit and when the bill came and we saw no credit we got on the phone to them and complained. The accounts people said it was declined but we should get a credit for the days we were off. We will phone them again.

A few days ago, or was it yesterday, we went down again at 3pm and I phoned and by 3.05 we were back online.

Make notes take names and fight for your down time.

mellowred    10
mellowred
Hi All, if anybody is trying to contact me, my telephone lines have been down for a month and my adsl connection down for 4 days. Going on past experience, I suspect my internet connection will be down for quite a while. If anybody has the magic formula to get Telkom's attention, please let me know! Thanks, Michelle

Try and find the Technical departments direct line. You are not allowed to phone them and cannot get their number from Telkom, but if you can find someone who works there and get the number, phone them.

Or take a day and go a squat at your nearest Telkom "Service" shop. At least then you have a person in front of you and may get something done.

I think I am banned from the Hermanus Telkom shop. Had such an issue with an ADSL installation about five years ago. Put my foot down and would not budge until they had sorted out cancelling the contract, and given me a full refund for monies paid in - and to boot I kept the ADSL box thingie - which I later sold for R400 :toung:. Having spent a good part of 5 full days on the phone to them, I thought I deserved it.

I vowed never, ever to deal with Telkom again.