Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amcintyre

Seller admits to overcharging on postage

5 posts in this topic

I was looking through some items on the Friday auction list and came up with some batteries I was keen to bid on. Looking through the seller's negative ratings the seller replies to negatives regarding his high postage that "Shipping is not only postage charge. It is postage, handling, packaging material, petrol, time, BoB add costs, BoB success fees and more."

So he admits to overcharging on postage in order to cover success fees etc. Is this permitted?

The link is here All Negative ratings received by BoysToys on bidorbuy.co.za

If you're worried about the shipping, contact communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

Some sellers get away with excessive shipping by trying to cover everything else three times the cost price. Others obey the rules.

Interesting to see all the seller's negatives - is he on a one-way street, going the wrong way?

Aikona you can not add your bob fees to the shipping ! This percentage is charge by bidorbuy when you sold an item. I always wondered why some sellers shipping cost is so high.

Some people bid on an item and don't read the shipping charges, then complain! This seller does overcharge, agreed, but if you bid on an item, first read ALL as well as the shipping charges! If you think you are being ripped off, DON'T BID! I am not taking sides, but it is as simple as that! If you think a seller is loading the shipping fees, report it to Bid or Buy. I have often found items that have a very attractive price but after checking the shipping fees, I ignore it! If a buyer is so naive he shouldn't be bidding! These sellers normally load shipping fees to cover their own costs plus some profit!

Edited by staccato

I second staccato's suggestions above - as I always have!

I recently bought EXACTLY identical items from a seller in Vereeniging and a seller in Montana Park, Pretoria. I live in Pretoria. Postage charged from Vereeniging was R35.00 and postage charged from Montana Park, (please note: no collections) was R60.00. The system is being abused on a grand scale. But.....I do agree with staccato....if you don't want to be ripped off for shipping, don't bid! Maybe the seller will get the message soon enough!