Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SProducts

I need advise on this problem

21 posts in this topic

A buyer bought a phone which I dropship, the buyer was complaining from day one about this and that. Last week I got an email that he received the package, but there was only the accessories and no phone and battery they were taken out of the box. He also says it was sent like that from the supplier as the packaging didnt have any signs of tampering. He then wants a refund or a replacement soon.

I respond requesting pictures so I forward to the supplier and I ask for additional information. I then ask them to go back to the post office and open a claim there so its also investigated on what happened. Buyer comes back and says the post office says they can't open a case and investigate because the theft wasn't done at the post office.

My supplier on the hand doesnt really trust all this and won't replace now as they still want to investigate. They're also concerned why didnt the buyer realise as by holding holding the package one would notice the box was empty. They mention that its not that they don't trust but the buyer signed for the package and they could've felt the weight was too light.

On the hand the buyer wants nothing but an immediate refund and doesnt want to wait for any investigations.

Now I don't know what to do, my supplier even if they will replace the phone they will only do so after a long time as they want to investigate how can the box be empty and no one noticed from them to the post and to the buyer.

What's worse the buyer doesn't want to wait for investigation and worse the post office won't open a claim which I also don't understand. There will be no claim at the post office and my supplier won't open a claim with their post office also as the item was delivered. It's just a huge mess.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Hmmm I shall have to throw the bones on this one to give you an reply! What is happening to you dear S Products eish man!

Mmmmmm...That is why i always open my parcels at the post office.

Can you by any chance get the EMEI nr of the phone,(should be on the box or supplier should have it)maybe they can trace the signal or something if its stolen and someone is using it...

Either way...."iewers is daar 'n d*rol in die drinkwater":surprised:

Sipho, you have my heartfelt sympathies. You seem to have more than your fair share of problems with buyers.

You can get the IMEI traced, costs about R1000 - R1500. I've done it twice for my stolen phones...don't mess with me & my berrys :razz:

Hmmm I shall have to throw the bones on this one to give you an reply! What is happening to you dear S Products eish man!

I don't know really, seems I have a lot of bad experiences lately. Won't let them get to me.

Thanks guys, well there are those times and this seems to be my share of it.

You can get the IMEI traced, costs about R1000 - R1500. I've done it twice for my stolen phones...don't mess with me & my berrys :razz:

If police have to be involved, I am not even going to try.

About 5 months back my client lost a BB9700 through Speed Services (I stopped using them due to this as I made a claim and had to call them everytime to be told we will come back to you). Since I keep all IMEI numbers for parcels I send, I kept on checking the IMEI number and PIN on Blackberry through all our networks to see if its being used. Then one day I found out it was being used on the MTN network, that's about 4 months ago.

I ran to the police station and opened a case, took a while since I had to explain to a lot of them before they could understand how I found out. They wanted me to blacklist it and I refused as then the thief will destroy it and the only chance to get them is let them use it. To me it was easy, they contact MTN and they will get the cell number of the user, if its contract they will also get the addresses and all or alternatively they will go to RICA and get the thief's details. The constable dealing with my case told me about a million forms, section 206 and that which has to be submited to some of their divionsi for aproval and then sent to the network which will take a long time.

4 months later the phone is still be being used and the constable always tells me he's waiting for this and that. I'm beginning to even think he might have taken it for himself.:confused:

Anyway, if anyone knows of another institution I can approach about this. Please send me the info.

Well, in little ol' Grahamstown the SAPS managed to recover a cellphone of mine which was stolen during Festival about 5 or 6 years ago. It took about 6 months but I got the phone back so it is worth a try!

Well, in little ol' Grahamstown the SAPS managed to recover a cellphone of mine which was stolen during Festival about 5 or 6 years ago. It took about 6 months but I got the phone back so it is worth a try!

That's all I can do, wait and hope they get it.

I'm going to hack into MTN systems and find out who's using the phone and arrest them myself! **wishful thinking**

I asked buyer to send me the box and all the accessories, even went on to offer to pay for poistage to send these to me as I need to check the packaging and also take more pictures to send to my supplier. Buyer disappeared for about 2 weeks, so I assumed they have posted the box to me.

Yesterday I get this email from them, "You are time is up…..now you will face the consequences of your robbery schemes!".

I politely reply, reminding them I am still waiting for them to send me the box. I tell them that this matter is delicate, so a little co-operation would help as the supplier doesnt fully trust the situation because the parcel was taken away from the post office and opened at home.

The buyer replies, they opened a case with the post office and gave them the box. They attach a copy of the claim form. They then tell me what do they have to do with the fact that the supplier doesnt trust this situation?

This matter is getting more complicated everytime, there's a lot of misunderstanding between me and the buyer. I was expecting the box and the buyer says he was supposed to go the post office. Hopefully it will be sorted soon and get out of the way.

Edited by SProducts

Honestly I think you jinxed with buyers I am jinxed with ABSA bank who keeps informing since Monday they made an payment into my account an nothing appears! Shall we ask some to throw the bones or shall we rather throw the bones at these people which is ever is going to give us satisfication?

Edited by TS Ron
Spelling mad a million snakes this morning

Sipho, you ALLWAYS get the complicated buyers. Really you had your fair share of difficult buyers now!

Gogga, sterkte vir jou ook. Wens ons kon die banke ook 'n negative rating gee!

Honestly I think you jinxed with buyers I am jinxed with ABSA bank who keeps informing since Monday they made an payment into my account an nothing appears! Shall we ask some to throw the bones or shall we rather throw the bones at these people which is ever is going to give us satisfication?

Gogga, the notification from ABSA may be legitimate, but just be careful, as there are e-mails going around, supposedly from banks, advising people that a payment has been made into their account, and it then tell you to click somewhere to view the payment details. You click and anything can happen, a virus, or they get your details.

I have received those e-mails from various banks, and I do not have a banking account with any one of those banks.

Gogga, the notification from ABSA may be legitimate, but just be careful, as there are e-mails going around, supposedly from banks, advising people that a payment has been made into their account, and it then tell you to click somewhere to view the payment details. You click and anything can happen, a virus, or they get your details.

I have received those e-mails from various banks, and I do not have a banking account with any one of those banks.

I have received these from virtually every South African bank so far - and I only bank with one bank. Even the ones coming from my own bank I do not open. The links provided can be false. PLEASE be careful - you could have your accounts compromised.

I have received these from virtually every South African bank so far - and I only bank with one bank. Even the ones coming from my own bank I do not open. The links provided can be false. PLEASE be careful - you could have your accounts compromised.

They're everywhere, I have even received some from Paypal, Ebay, also received some from DHL with an attachment which is apparently a virus.

Thanks Meeks and Ms Plod but this is legit as I was talking to an ABSA employee at the time they made an huge error on my account at another bank.Trying to sort this out is just plainly a nightmare getting there though.

Glad you feel you are "getting there", Gogga. At a time like this it seems so unfair for you to be having hassles with banks!

I am about had it with this buyer. I told them I can't refund them as the supplier needs to send the replacement to them and if I ask them to send to me or ask them to refund me it will raise their suspicions which they already have. It will appear like I'm scamming them. I also gave an example to them like, you go to Game buy something and later come back and tell them the box was empty. You want a refund immediately and you don't want their product as you don't trust its genuine. Does he think they'll buy it?

He sent this email, "You MUST BE F@#ng MAD!!!"

I can't tolerate this anymore, so to avoid snapping I have suggested I refund them R1000.00 and we forget about everything. I will take it as my loss. If they send me the empty box with the accessories I will then refund them R1200.00 as I can then sell the accessories to cover the R200.00. They initially won the phone for R1400.00.

Let's just hope I dont get another email with F@#ng becauseI might be tempted to respond with the same tone because I'm also loosing a lot here.

Oh dear, Sipho. How do you manage to get these buyers?

Oh dear, Sipho. How do you manage to get these buyers?

Down times come and go and so I have to keep on reminding myself that. It will blow away, it's just a bad season for me.

***Just a whisper***

If you read the thread about that buyer who tried to scam me and Fastway by saying they didn't receive their phone. Well he's still around F@#king me.

He sent an email a few months back saying the phone doesnt accept his sim card and Vodacom wants R350.00 to unlock the phone and he bought it for his daughter and she can't use it. I replied giving him instructions to check if BB is sim locked or not. He disappeared for about 2 months, then came back complaining that they bought something for his daughter and she can't use it. As usual throwing threats about going to police/CPA and all, saying Vodacom wants R350.00 and I have to pay it so they can use the phone. I again replied giving them the same instructions and asking them to come back to so I can confirm it's locked and then have it unlocked. I also reminded them that I thought everything was okay since months passed without hearing from them.

Well another month or few weeks passed and nothing. On Thursday I got an email from some Natasha who claims is his girlfriend and says he's too busy and the phone was bought for her (remember initially the phone was for his daughter but now for his girlfriend). As usual all the threats. I send the same instructions again and I now take it even further and ask them to send the phone back so I can check it for them if they cant.

Now I'm waiting to hear what's next, the worst part time is running and soon they'll want a refund and might find out they've been using the phone all along.

Some people just like making other people's lives difficult and destroying everything they have contact with (Just like 1 fatboy who keeps on destroying our country.:mad:).

They trying to push you to see how far they can push! This now escalated beyond control you one hell of a patient person!