Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

I want a Spoon!!!

Asha Craft Jewellery

Will someone please put me out of my misery?!

I want to buy a set of four or six LONG teaspoons, soda spoons, milkshake spoons or whatever you want to call them. It's the spoon they give you at the restaurant when you order a double thick milkshake or a soda float.

I have been searching for nearly 6 months and no one in Beaufort West sells them. Also I have not seen what I want on Bidorbuy either. I know you can buy them from crazy stores, R5 stores, PEP stores everywhere else in this country, but apparently not in the Karoo.

The reason I want this... we have HUGE coffee mugs and stirring with a standard teaspoon burns my fingertips! As simple as that. Can anyone supply me with a set? It really does not have to be fancy solid silver or expensive. I just want the normal chromium cheapy spoon. If you've seen this in a store near you, won't you do me a favour and list it on Bidorbuy? Pretty please? :angel:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2065[/ATTACH]

Tnx!

Amanda

lilythepink

Haven't seen them around Grahamstown but I'll keep a beady eye open for you!

TS Ron

Have not seen here either. I heard a story that they were ban overseas due to being a dangerous weapon.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Amanda

There are a few shops in PE that should have them - I'll check for you when I go on my rounds and get them for you if available.

Chat soon

J - CCG

MiemsJewels

Ek het al 6 sulke lang teelepels gekoop. Sal nou net probeer onthou waar, en jou dan laat weet. Dit was nie eers duur nie.

Pathway

There's a catering shop near me, also Crazy Stores, I'll have a look. Jan, if you find before me, please post here, so we don't both buy. Better get a dozen, you know how these things disappear?

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Noldy

I can possibly only get out on Thursday afternoon cos doing the house up so that the agent can list it asap.

Perhaps it would be best if you could grab the spoons for Amanda as you'll probably have the chance before I do.

Just let me know if you come right or not.

J - CCG

moppies

Asha

I have six - I just have to look for them - never been used!

Miss Jewels

Amanda, I bought mine at Boardmans a few months ago. If you don't come right with Moppies, send me a PM and I'll check if Boardmans still have some.

moppies
Asha

I have six - I just have to look for them - never been used!

Cannot find them Asha - I have looked everywhere but just can't find it.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Just scoop one from milky lane!

*You can poke somebody's EYE out with that thing*

Asha Craft Jewellery

Thanks for all the effort! I really do appreciate it. Miss Jewels, Cali Craft and oo la la, please don't make a special trip, but if you manage to find these elusive spoons somewhere, please let me know the price!)

wayjen

Still no spoons?

I was thinking of this since the first post. Can't you get those Swizzle sticks they use to mix drinks?

I guess having proper metal spoons would be ideal for the house but in a pinch maybe those Swizzle things can work.

Asha Craft Jewellery

lol, it's a nice idea but I would really like the metal ones ;)

wayjen

yeah I know but if you cannot get then fake it. tie a spoon on the end of a Swizzle stick and spray paint it silver and to make it even more posh, add some squiggles to make it look Hallmarked or whatever they call it.

voldermort
yeah I know but if you cannot get then fake it. tie a spoon on the end of a Swizzle stick and spray paint it silver and to make it even more posh, add some squiggles to make it look Hallmarked or whatever they call it.

Youré a cheapskate :suspicious: bet you tied foil around yours.

wayjen

You enjoyed you tea and coffee when you come over right?

I am thinking that a supplier of stuff for a restaurant must sell these darn spoons.

voldermort
You enjoyed you tea and coffee when you come over right?

yes, also got a piece of foil stuck in my tooth :rolleyes:

booksallsizes

And I bet he recycled it from his tin foil hat too...

freesia

Hi Asha,

[i want to buy a set of four or six LONG teaspoons, soda spoons, milkshake spoons or whatever you want to call them. It's the spoon they give you at the restaurant when you order a double thick milkshake or a soda float.]

I believe it is called Parfait spoons. If you google it, you will find there are a number of places that sell them. Hope you can find some close to you.

Rgds

Asha Craft Jewellery

It will go down well with the hoity toity bunch... I will convince them it's the new cutlery fashion!

Asha Craft Jewellery

Thanks freesia, I'll check!

wayjen

look at the images of the spoons that freesia mentioned and some of them look like swizzle sticks.

Asha Craft Jewellery

LOL. Just found this on Facebook:

Parfait spoons...everyone has one but no one buys them...where do they come from??

There are two theories on this that I know of,

1) Parfait spoons come from the same place socks go.

2) Parfait spoon, or in french Cuillère parfaite, meaninig the "perfect spoon" by its very nature is omnipresent and omnipotent. it is cutlery of almost religious stature...don't question the spoon else suffer it's wrath.