Sign in to follow this  
MsPlod

signatures...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Just thought I'd post a pic of a few signatures here for interest...

Any handwriting fundis out there - or professional / amateur sleuths?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2055[/ATTACH]

mellowred    10
mellowred

Poor man. I sincerely hope he never had a cheque account. Can you just imagine all the times the bank would have had to call him to verify his signature. :amuse:

wayjen    10
wayjen

He was practicing?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
He was practicing?

Practicing to fraud his own signature........Yes I think so too!

wayjen    10
wayjen

I just hate it when they do that.

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Hmm he is like me I am for ever being called back to the bank as my signatures change all the time! I at times use to contribute it (dementia spelling) perhaps he also attributed his different signatures to dementia.Or else I put it down to have multiply characters depending on what I do at the bank at the time I often tell it is different characters signing as well. Maybe Father Claerhout had the same problem:weird:

Edited by TS Ron

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Hmm he is like me I am for ever being called back to the bank as my signatures change all the time! I at times use to contribute it (dementia spelling) perhaps he also attributed his different signatures to dementia.Or else I put it down to have multiply characters depending on what I do at the bank at the time I often tell it is different characters signing as well. Maybe Father Claerhout had the same problem:weird:

I dont think that was his problem. I think some people have made a lot of money out of that signature!

staccato    10
staccato

I have had such a bad run lately, think I'm gonna change my signature to "Please buy my stuff, I'm broke..."

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

an interesting assortment.i have them all including a few more. which,if any,are forgeries. a question i have asked myself and anyone

who cares to listen a thousand times.

what does one do with a forged artwork? selling it as authentic is criminal. selling it as "unverified" is also not an

option if you know it is a forgery. selling them as genuine,authenticated forgeries would also invite negative opinion.

do you give them away, donate them, or hope they get redistributed along with other household items during one of frequent

burglaries. or would you run the risk of discerning thieves ignoring the masterpieces packed in tubes ready for ease of transport.

that would really hack me off.

when guests remark on your beautiful forgeries how do you answer them? or hope they get so inebriated during the course of the evening that they forget they were anywhere near your humble abode.

how do you insure a forgery. just imagine the assessor:

"with great respect ,sir ,we do not insure forged artworks. the frames,however,are covered under your all risks policy".

looks like i`m stuck with them. could one form a support group?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Very good question/s bon len! With very few answers!

staccato    10
staccato

Why don't you just sign with "X" like many of the "rainbow nation" do?

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

More...

Here is another selection - this time including one which is allegedly a "wet paint" :ninja: signature...

58f5a72a011be_CLAERHOUTSIG_COMP2.JPG.86b5e1f79d1f07c991d335a2e415dbc6.JPG

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Here is another selection - this time including one which is allegedly a "wet paint" :ninja: signature...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2059[/ATTACH]

Ek kan jou wed.....die handtekening is nog nat ook MsPlod! LKH ( Lag klip hard):angel:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You folks are all missing the point - imagine how difficult it is to make a signature when you're inside a coffin, inside a grave. (Well, I am assuming that is where Father Claerhout has been residing since he died!) He may, of course, also be on Cloud 9, tippling away and that could be the cause of all the different signatures. :suspicious:

kyle2    10
kyle2

Absolutely fascinating, I suppose only a jackass would believe those donkey's to be genuine! LOL:sneaky:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

elevating a scam to a higher plane won`t answer the questions. the answers lie in a contemporary version(s)

of the deceased.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

claerhout.jpg.0a5fe41c869818887f41dc459c21ea78.jpg

Another Claerhout up for auction???

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

a real gem. must have come from father himself. last week. and the frame? signed on the back?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

There must be a method of "magicking" paints down into a coffin buried at least 6 ft under?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Excellent! I want that one!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Wonder what price I will get for "MY" Claerhout????

Edited by MiemsJewels
Spelling

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Oh Miems please do have any more of those??? I so badly wanted a Father Claerhout I wonder if someone in Vatican shall answer me I believe they have an original pic there of one of the Father's art works I just would like to see the signature?

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Oh Miems please do have any more of those??? I so badly wanted a Father Claerhout I wonder if someone in Vatican shall answer me I believe they have an original pic there of one of the Father's art works I just would like to see the signature? Perhaps they shall send me a copy I am not going to travel all the way to the Vatican?

wayjen    10
wayjen

His spirit lives on it seems. Such a pity the spirit does not get Royalties for the signatures on the artwork, or does it?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Good question, Wayne. Now, are we all quite sure that Father Claerhout is dead? Has that been proven? :noworry: