Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amcintyre

How to post an electric guitar

8 posts in this topic

I have a black Ibanez guitar I bought a few months ago (new), that I don't want anymore. Can anyone suggest how one could post this after I list it on BOB? It comes with its original carry case (a black heavy fabric) and connecting leads etc. I would post the amplifier seperately. Would I place the guitar in its carry case and then try find a large enough box and toss in alot of packing material? Would I carefully wrap it in bubble wrap (the guitar) and then stick it in a large box. WOuld SAPO accept a full sized guitar for postage?

I would appreciate any help from anyone who has succesfully posted a guitar before. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2047[/ATTACH]

My suggestion: Make use of a courier service company.

Wrap it in its original carry case with bubble wrap & then pack into a large enough box!

I agree with Miems on the courier. A guitar would just be too tempting for some SAPO folk, so you would be taking a risk insuring it. No way you want to put the words "Electric Guitar" on a SAPO box.

My suggestion: Make use of a courier service company.

Wrap it in its original carry case with bubble wrap & then pack into a large enough box!

I haven't used a courier before. Could anyone suggest a courier which they trust which also operates from East London?

A suggestion - if you don't have a case for this guitar, how about asking at your local shops for that thick "foam" stuff which usually protects washing machines and other heavy items? You could then make a plan and use that to protect the guitar.

And, yes, I second the suggestion that you do not use SAPO. Send by courier services.

I have to say I agree with what is already said do not use the Post Office. I am sure the buyer shall also prefer it to be delivered to them using a courier service.

Why not advertise the shipping charges as "Buyer to arrange for shipping or collection" ?

Why not advertise the shipping charges as "Buyer to arrange for shipping or collection" ?

Would this affect interest in buying / placing bids. This option would be the safest.

Would this affect interest in buying / placing bids. This option would be the safest.

I have used this method more than once and it worked for me, many buyers prefer to arrange their own shipping, then they don't and can't complain about shipping charges. Else contact a few courier companies and find out what their rates are and quote accordingly.