Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brands online

How fair is fair?

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Most of you are probably aware of the recent tragedy I've experienced at the passing of my sister. During that time, orders were delayed somewhat, but I made it a point of emailing all my buyers regarding the situation and promising that all outstanding orders would be honoured as they always have been. I am virtually up to date with all of the orders. I got back from JHB last Thursday evening 06/10/2011. By the morning of Monday 10/10/2011 the orders concerned below, (payment received 28/09/2011) had been sent out and a tracking mail sent via the BOB system as usual. Track and trace shows the parcel is at the buyers post office Wednesday 13/10/2011. Today I receive 3 negatives:

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for *** Electronic Insect Terminator *** - Mosquito, Fly... Goodbye!!!

14 Oct 2011

Comment:

Extremely poor business practice and communication. Not recomended.

by ********

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for *** DentiClean - Electric Toothbrush inc. "5" Brush Heads ***

14 Oct 2011

Comment:

by *******

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for *** DentiClean - Electric Toothbrush inc. "5" Brush Heads ***

14 Oct 2011

Comment:

by ******

I'm not disputing that the items weren't sent timeously enough. Are sellers not allowed to suffer personal tragedies. Some things just can't be avoided... How fair is fair really?:wondering::sad:

Stupid low-life. Bob will surely remove them given the situation AND the fact that you emailed them. Maybe they read your email? Mail them again, they might just feel like a prize chop.

Stupid low-life. Bob will surely remove them given the situation AND the fact that you emailed them. Maybe they read your email? Mail them again, they might just feel like a prize chop.

Thing is, the tracking mail was sent via the BOB system. The date/timestamp is on there as well. So they couldn't have missed that mail as well? I have mailed them again, but have not appealed the ratings as their items were not delivered timeously in relation to their order so I guess that could be considered a fair reflection from their side...

Oh Brands this is so inconsiderate honestly! I am sure it shall be sorted out by BOB do not let these buyers upset you.

Edited by TS Ron

Well, I think that's just mean and spiteful - given there was an explanation. Sucks boo to them.

Brands, I truly hope this buyer did not receive any communication regarding your tragedy. They must be pretty heartless to rate negative if they had.

It's shocking how people are sooo inhumane, you also sent them an email about this to inform them. If they had a problem with waiting they should have demanded a refund. Looking at everything, the parcel took about 3 days from when you sent it out.

I wouldnt let it get you down. Some people are just sorry excuses for human beings!

I agree with Grant. Perhaps you should just send each one a friendly email reminding them of the tragedy you faced and ask them to reconsider changing their ratings? If you go about it the right way, I'm sure a couple of them will see you right. Good luck.

I second Lilly!

Brands, I am sure BOB can also remove the Negative ratings. It was so unfair, and unneccesary! Some people are so unhuman!

i surely do hope that they donot buy from me, i have also just had a death in the family and all my buyers has been wonderful about delayed posting of parcels. brands you mustt apeal these ratings we are not programmed robots but humans:huh:

Thank you all for the sentiments. I've also generally had Super Buyers, who have not only been understanding and patient, but have even offered their own condolences and sentiments. I have mailed the concerned buyer as well, to no avail or response. Track and trace shows the parcel collected by buyer 14/10/2011 at 12:11, ratings received 14/10/2011 at 14:20, so some of my mails are getting through?:wondering:

I have mailed BOB on how to proceed. Was considering calling the buyer, but don't really want to deal with buyer verbal abuse right now, agh, we'll see what happens...:hm:

Brands on line please do not let the buyers get you down! It is just no worth it I know especially the way you feeling right now you just do not have the energy to deal with this kind of nonsense!

Thumbs up to BOB again. Situation speedily dealt with after my mail to them. Thanks again everyone!

Glad to hear that Brands.