Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colourful Chameleon

Tips for a new seller

22 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

What advice would you give a new seller, that you wished someone told you when you started selling on BoB?

Hi

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful wacky world of trading on BOB.

I wish you success and many ,many sales.

The best advice i can give you would be to never compromise your principles or ethics in the pursuit of a quick buck.

Whether you are selling part time to supplement your income or full time to generate an income,you must apply basic business principles to the manner in which you conduct your business.

Be honest and accurate in the description of your items you are selling,communicate with your buyers and provide good quality product and service.

Be prepared for some disappointments as there are strange characters out there and evil ones too,but overall your experiences will be uplifting as there are fabulous people buying on BOB and there are many that can give good advice on the forum when required.

All the best

Neil

I totally second what Neil says. The best advice I can offer is communicate well, be honest and accurate in your descriptions, and deliver what you promise.

Uhmm...I wish someone would have told me I'd just end up buying & not selling much at all. Tried selling but buying is more fun :thinking:. Maybe if you aren't a "verified seller" do that first.

I also agree with what Neil (ATA STAMP) has recommended. And, most of all with selling, be as helpful and friendly as you possibly can with buyers or potential buyers, regardless of the fact that you may be gritting your teeth with some of them and wishing to strangle them! :grin:

Thank you so much for the advice!!

I have sold a few items and so far so good!! Also received to positive ratings in the process, so I'm happy!!

Neil has very sage advice! Disclose any fault and be as honest as you can in the description. And if something slipped your notice or if the buyer feels something is not quite right - do not get defensive. Rather sleep on something than react immediately. Very hard sometimes but a calm demeanour does wonders.

Well done on your first sales - may there be many many many many many more!!

You should also add a link to your sales page on your forum ID. Then we can all be nosey and look at what you have for sale :wink:

Try to make sure there are no discrepancies - your combining charges are ambiguous - are they R10 or R15?

You could add this to your Forum signature as Booksallsizes suggests...

Visit my store...

Welcome to BoB, may you have many sales and positive ratings. Read the posts on the forum often, one can pick up many tips as well as do's & dont's, also warnings about dubious and dishonest buyers etc.

Happy selling!

You should also add a link to your sales page on your forum ID. Then we can all be nosey and look at what you have for sale :wink:

:embarrest: How do I do that?

:embarrest: How do I do that?

Hi Colourful Chameleon,

I have added it for you :wink:

Once again, Admin to the rescue! Great stuff!

Thank you..... you are a star!!

Welcome...be vewwy,vewwy careful!!

A Few of us are crazy, the rest are completely Bonkers!:wink:

Edited by ATOMICSQUIRREL

Welcome...be vewwy,vewwy careful!!

A Few of us are crazy, the rest are completely Bonkers!:wink:

Noted, thanks!!! :lol:

some good advice as Im also very new here and :( no sales yet, but gonna get some things at home lying around that im not using and start selling some cheaper secondhand things to get ratings hopefully and then start focusing on my crafts... :)))

I sold my 1st item today!!! :grin:

Wilson Toffies 4 everyone!!!

badoom.gif

well done on your first sale.... see you are selling coins, and somewhere on the site I saw that coins are ranked best selling and ranked nr 1 on bob... :worried:

well done on your first sale.... see you are selling coins, and somewhere on the site I saw that coins are ranked best selling and ranked nr 1 on bob... :worried:

Its a tricky trade, but so much fun! especially the history behind the coins.

Maybe you should look into it.

I only started collecting seriously about a year ago and im HOOKED!!!!

:smile1:

I know absolutely nothing about coins... and i like more colourful things like beads and beautiful bright decorating items... so ill leave the coins to you... lol

i have some coins at home like old 20c 50c R1 and so forth, maybe i will put that up...

I know absolutely nothing about coins... and i like more colourful things like beads and beautiful bright decorating items... so ill leave the coins to you... lol

i have some coins at home like old 20c 50c R1 and so forth, maybe i will put that up...

You can always put some coins on those colourful bead necklaces, just not any kruger coins....that always breaks my heart.:toung:

LOL thats so funny.... but its a good idea though... will look into it... got the whole weekend to get crafty...