Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

We are supersizing - larger thumbnails coming in a few weeks time

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all,

we have implemented larger thumbnails on bidorbuy.co.ke and item pages look really sexy now (i.e. Sony-Ericsson - Sony Experia X8 for sale in Nairobi (ID:103404)).

We will start with the prep-work from Saturday, 15th October and will turn on large thumbnails on item pages beginning of November.

Some guidelines for sellers:

• The large item page thumbnails will be scaled to 240x240 pixels. Make sure that your thumbnails you upload from next week Monday onwards are at least of that size or larger.
  • We will regenerate large thumbnails for all open and loaded trades and you don't have to worry about re-uploading images or relisting trades.
  • We will also regenerate larger thumbnails for all closed trades for the last 30 days.
  • If you notice that some of your trades don't show large thumbnails, please contact customer care via hello@bidorbuy.co.za and we will regenerate those for you.

We hope that this change will improve the buyer experience and result in increased sales activities and would love to hear from you how this change affected your business on bidorbuy.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Mac

Thanks. Yhis is brilliant news.

When it comes to stamps, detail is of the utmost importance.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks for the news, Mac. You've been far too quiet lately so I'm happy to see you're still lurking!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Hi Mac

I just had a look at the bob trade feed on my website. I see thumbnails are included now! Very nice!

Thanks

Grant

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

So you'll be able to call them "big-Macs" now?

Well done for all the site enhancements! Thank you...

Pathway    10
Pathway

Hooray! I'll be able to put my telescope away!!! :grin:

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

Just a quick question:

The previous upload size of thumbnails were 50kb. Is this going to change as well, and what will the new recommended file size be?