Sign in to follow this  
moppies

Old enamel plates, bowls etc.

moppies    10
moppies

I am looking for old, dented, rusted enamel plates and bowls. I can get new ones but then I need to hammer it till the enamel chips off.

I want to put it in my garden. Anyone that can help me? Pics of what you have will be appreciated. Oh - and by the way - don't charge me more than the store charge me for a new plate!!!:smile1:

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

No Moppies of course I have to charge you more the antique look! Jeeze think of all the work I am saving you the chipping and hammering:blush::laugh:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Are you interested in two yellow coffee pots which are quite "hammered"? Lids missing? You are welcome to have them for R10.00 for both, plus R35.00 postage.

Pathway    10
Pathway

Same price as the shops?? When it's been 'upscaled', is shabby chic as well as very distressed? Oh, no!!! :wtf:

moppies    10
moppies
Are you interested in two yellow coffee pots which are quite "hammered"? Lids missing? You are welcome to have them for R10.00 for both, plus R35.00 postage.

Deal - please list and let me know when it is open lily!

moppies    10
moppies

Thanks lily - done and dusted!!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Okay, mopkop. The coffee pots will be mailed to you on Thursday and via the official channels I will let you have the tracking number! (But please let me know what gets planted in them - MrAerospace insists on knowing this!)

moppies    10
moppies
Okay, mopkop. The coffee pots will be mailed to you on Thursday and via the official channels I will let you have the tracking number! (But please let me know what gets planted in them - MrAerospace insists on knowing this!)

Don't know yet but as soon as I have decided I will let you know

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Lily is quite right I want to know what you plant in them, moppies. I have spent some time cleaning the candle wax out of them! :grin:

moppies    10
moppies
Lily is quite right I want to know what you plant in them, moppies. I have spent some time cleaning the candle wax out of them! :grin:

Geewhizzzzz ......... what did you / lilly used it for?

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Lily used them to melt candle wax but she has now acquired bigger pots so these were just lying around.

moppies    10
moppies
Lily used them to melt candle wax but she has now acquired bigger pots so these were just lying around.

Please do me a favor? Go look for more enamel plates / bowls. I need PLENTY.

I actually want to build a boy and girl with the enamel:

Faces: Bowls - needed

Hat: Plates - needed

Pants: Maybe the boys shorts?

Feet: Maybe cut them in half?

The girl is still naked - it don't know what to "dress" her with - maybe a big bowl for a skirt - this is also still needed!!!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
Please do me a favor? Go look for more enamel plates / bowls. I need PLENTY.

I actually want to build a boy and girl with the enamel:

Faces: Bowls - needed

Hat: Plates - needed

Pants: Maybe the boys shorts?

Feet: Maybe cut them in half?

The girl is still naked - it don't know what to "dress" her with - maybe a big bowl for a skirt - this is also still needed!!!

I'll keep an eye out here - people are always picking up old enamel out of the veld. But you have to promise to post photo's of your enamel statues!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I'll go and look around the old shops (equivalent to old trading stores) in the "lesser" side of town, moppies, and see what I can find for you. It's raining today but I'll try and do it tomorrow and let you know what I find. (At least they will hopefully not need cleaning by MrAerospace although he did do the two yellow coffee pots cheerfully enough when he knew you wanted them! I get slightly jealous the way he is so fond of you! lol)

You have to watch out for Grahamstown's old men, you know!!

moppies    10
moppies
I'll go and look around the old shops (equivalent to old trading stores) in the "lesser" side of town, moppies, and see what I can find for you. It's raining today but I'll try and do it tomorrow and let you know what I find. (At least they will hopefully not need cleaning by MrAerospace although he did do the two yellow coffee pots cheerfully enough when he knew you wanted them! I get slightly jealous the way he is so fond of you! lol)

You have to watch out for Grahamstown's old men, you know!!

Thank you MrAerospace and lily - you will be the first ones that will see the end results!!!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Moppies - your PM box is full. I've just tried to send you a message and can't get it through!