Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amcintyre

Blocking buyers

11 posts in this topic

Does a buyer get some form of notification if a seller chooses to block them?

There is a buyer who fooled around for two weeks prior to paying me. I eventually threatened with an SNC before they completed the transaction. I, however, still gave the buyer a positive rating as he had a 100% and don't know if there were circumstances surrounding his non-payment. He hasn't rated me yet.

Would blocking this buyer cause a revenge negative?

No. I don't think the buyer gets a notification that he/she has been blocked, so I don't believe it could cause a revenge rating.

Cuan/Admin - could you confirm this, please?

:wtf:I was blocked recently by a seller and I was not notified

:wtf:I was blocked recently by a seller and I was not notified

ROFLMAO Sorry Moppies. You standing there in your little red dress with your hair all astray saying that, and including that little confused face, has me laughing so much I had to run to the loo. I know this is a bad time, but that really just tickled me.

But at least you have answered amcintryre's question.

It is true - I have also been blocked by a seller - whom I am not allowed to name - and I was not notified... LOL!! Thinks, wish buyers could block some sellers too!

ROFLMAO Sorry Moppies. You standing there in your little red dress with your hair all astray saying that, and including that little confused face, has me laughing so much I had to run to the loo. I know this is a bad time, but that really just tickled me.

But at least you have answered amcintryre's question.

I'm glad that I made you laugh! I made peace with the "block" by the seller - in any case - I WILL NEVER EVER consider buying from him again - even if I was not blocked.

Can you only block a seller if he hasn't paid? It looks like that to me, Ive had a buyer who gave me a negative rating and then threatened me with criminal prosecution because the item wasn't to his liking. He then went on to try and extort more of the same items from me. I see in the ratings he has, that in his comments, he regularly threatens people. It is an ambiguous situation, and I cannot really do anything to him, and had to give in to his demands, which amounted to substantial monetary loss on my side. He did have a point, as there was a mistake in my listing, but he is really viscous and didn't want to accept reimbursement, but threatened me terribly. After I gave in to his demands, he removed the negative rating. I would really like to block this buyer from ever buying or bidding on my items ever again. but I could not file a snc against him. Please help me admin!

As far as i understand the rules, you are only allowed to block a buyer if the SNC was completed in your favor. It isn't permanent, only 3 months.

I don't think a buyer can be blocked if both sides agreed to cancel the sale.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

That is how I see it too Free Soul. Because you can only keep block in place for 3 months it makes it tricky. I have read of other sellers "refusing" bids from problem buyers but obviously that has its issues too! Strangest thing is tha those that shout the loudest somehow seem to "want" to buy from us again. Not sure if they just try to test us or what, coz I know if I was deeply unhappy with a seller I would personally never buy from them again !

I have had to tell one person to not buy from me. A very rude individual. I sent him a very polite email asking him not to buy from me as his attitude was very negative and i refuse to deal with people who treat me like he did. We both left it at that.

There's a fine line between a truly unhappy buyer who feels wronged (you can still help them and offer a solution) and just plain rude buyers who you can never please. It's part of the job!

There seems to be too many demanding buyers, no amicable considerations or solutions will do

I have been very lucky! I have had maybe 3 or 4 very difficult buyers who, no matter what i did, refused to let me assist. The rest have been amazing, very friendly and easy going.