Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsPlod

Your opinion?

13 posts in this topic

Just read this on a seller's ratings of their buyers (nothing to do with me... just was looking at some stuff and doing the usual background checks)

Would you say that this sounds like a revenge rating in operation?

The buyer was VERY unhappy with their goods and with the quality of the shipping - despite paying over R200 (mostly combining fees - Ummm what are the combining fees for?) for shipping the goods arrived broken and chipped. This is the seller's rating of the buyer...

"you were offered a refund, u refused 1. you paid combining fees, not shipping fees!!! unfair neg ratings returned!"

Edited by MsPlod

I don't have a clue what combining fees are...and i am proud of it!:colbert:

Some "combining fees" are higher than postal charges! It's a case of buyer beware. But I do think when we spot ridiculous shipping or combining fees we just need to move to the report to CW button!

Less about combining fees - more about revenge ratings...

I think my original question might have been a little ambiguous. The thing about combining fees is one of those other debates which happens from time to time.

I completely "get" why sellers charge combining fees (provided they are reasonable) - the fees go towards time, wrapping materials, etc. etc. - however this request for opinions is NOT about the rights or wrongs of combining fees (since the combining fees were R5 per item in this instant).

My question was whether the seller - who rated the buyer negative in response to the buyer's negative rating (after the seller had initially rated the buyer positive) was indulging in a revenge rating spree.

Any comments?

I think my original question might have been a little ambiguous. The thing about combining fees is one of those other debates which happens from time to time.

I completely "get" why sellers charge combining fees (provided they are reasonable) - the fees go towards time, wrapping materials, etc. etc. - however this request for opinions is NOT about the rights or wrongs of combining fees (since the combining fees were R5 per item in this instant).

My question was whether the seller - who rated the buyer negative in response to the buyer's negative rating (after the seller had initially rated the buyer positive) was indulging in a revenge rating spree.

Any comments?

I HATE revenge ratings. Allways so unfair! Problems should be sorted out between buyers & sellers in the first place! Then NO negative or even neutral ratings neccessary!

Yes, this definitely sounds like a revenge rating by the seller! If the buyer paid up without any problems then that buyer should have got a positive rating! (If the seller doesn't want more business from that buyer all the seller has to do is "block" the buyer!) Nastiness by way of revenge ratings should not be tolerated.

Sounds like a revenge rating to me... especially this statement: unfair neg ratings returned!

Sounds like a revenge rating to me... especially this statement: unfair neg ratings returned!

That is the statement which underpins it for me too! Not nice hey?

Not nice at all - and blatant.

Yes, this definitely sounds like a revenge rating by the seller! If the buyer paid up without any problems then that buyer should have got a positive rating! (If the seller doesn't want more business from that buyer all the seller has to do is "block" the buyer!) Nastiness by way of revenge ratings should not be tolerated.

Well put LilythePink!!

Not nice at all - and blatant.

Yup! Kinda in your face isn't it? Just thought I'd check with others too, in case I am being a bit oversensitive.

This was the buyer's rating - and the seller's response below (same as the seller's rating of the buyer - they just copied and pasted...). Guess that the seller was hoping for a return - then they could have issued an SNC and the buyer's rating would have just gone away - poof! Oh Ja - and the seller would have refunded R44 and would have pocketed most of the remainder...nuts.gif

Comment: Bad quality,plus they were damaged during transport as they were improperly packaged,despite R275 shipping cost! R44 for a R322 is no refund! Rip-off! by XXXXXXX

Response: you were offered a refund, u refused 1. you paid combining fees, not shipping fees!!! unfair neg ratings returned! 09 Oct 2011

Just goes to show that ratings abuse is alive and kicking and also that some traders do not appear to understand that combining fees are supposed to cover at least decent shipping. Clearly this trader thinks it is a way to make money, not to ensure good packaging.

Does BoB get any commission on combining fees?

Edited by MsPlod
Added the "Oh ja" part!

Definitely revenge rating. Hope the buyer takes it up with BoB and gets it removed.

Very nasty seller.

Quite blatent revenge rating! Openly admitted to and intended! Amazing...........:wtf:

Popped back to this seller to see whether there had been any resolution on the matter... Whoops - not only NO apparent resolution but they are getting even more sad buyers.

Yet another buyer (paying R5 combining fees no doubt) yet rating neutral with the following comment...

"7 separate xxxxx items received jumbled together and unidentified"

The seller has not yet rated the buyer - but I wonder whether the rating will be returned as a neutral?