Sign in to follow this  
PITCREW

Am I being cruel or unfair?

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

I won an item on auction Digital SLR - Eos 400D Kit with a 18-55 Lens was sold for R2,000.00 on 8 Sep at 16:16 by 13_Kaleidoscopes in Johannesburg (ID:45157732).

The transaction was pleasant and quick and I rated him positive.

When I collected the item from the seller, he told me he has a second lens for the camera and promised he will throw it into the deal when he finds it. (He had just moved home and it was in a box somewhere)

It has been a month since the transaction and promise made, and I have changed the initial positive rating to a negative as I feel the second lens forms part of the deal through a verbal agreement and the rating applies to the experience as a whole.

He feels that the rating is uncalled for and unfair, I think its a way of getting him to action his promise.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

O my soul Pitcrew. You have just done exactly the opposite of what you should have done! Stay in contact with the seller, and ask him to please send you the lens.

The lens was not part of the transaction in the first place! So it should be seen as a gift instead!

This is just my oppinion! Correct me if I'm wrong!

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Hi Pitcrew,

Just my 2c:cheesy:....When you read the headline of the the Item auctioned it clearly states 1 lens, i think the seller out of "goodwill" offered to throw in the second lens for you at no extra charge. I am sure if he had the lens he would've sent it to you, maybe it got lost or misplaced. I lose/misplace many things every time i move. I don't think giving him a negative rating would be fair in my opinion.

Each to his own though.:angel:

Peace

V

voldermort    10
voldermort

Goodness gracious me....the seller said he would give you the 2nd lens when he finds it, it was not part of the sale, you got what you paid for and you are rating him negative? For not giving you a free gift? That is just so seriously unkewl.

retailrush    10
retailrush

I agree with everyone above - If I were you I would reverse the negative rating and then send the seller an e-mail stating that you misunderstood his offer of the free gift and that if he can't find the second lens, then it's fine...

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

I have been in constant contact with the seller, either by phone or gentle email reminders. I'll change the rating and try sort it out with the seller.. I guess I am being unreasonable.

Thanks for the opinions.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

In agreement with all above. Ratings relate to the BoB transaction. If he promised you a gift in a private agreement it has zilch to do with BoB. Reverse that rating. It will do you no good at all. Moving house is stressful - boxes take time to unpack and you will not be a priority - once things had settled for the seller then they might have given you a call to come and fetch the gift lens. Now, I wonder? That seller will have a heart of pure gold to give you a gift after your action.

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL
In agreement with all above. Ratings relate to the BoB transaction. If he promised you a gift in a private agreement it has zilch to do with BoB. Reverse that rating. It will do you no good at all. Moving house is stressful - boxes take time to unpack and you will not be a priority - once things had settled for the seller then they might have given you a call to come and fetch the gift lens. Now, I wonder? That seller will have a heart of pure gold to give you a gift after your action.

Where are the days you received stuff for free!?

Mi like FREE STUFF!:whistling:

PITCREW    10
PITCREW

I have reversed the rating and sent an apology email to the seller.

PUBLIC APOLOGY:

Sorry 13_Kaleidoscope / Tshepiso. I got way ahead of myself, and the forum members helped my come to my senses.

voldermort    10
voldermort

PUBLIC APOLOGY:

Sorry 13_Kaleidoscope / Tshepiso. I got way ahead of myself, and the forum members helped my come to my senses.

Good on you....

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

PUBLIC APOLOGY:

Well Done Pitcrew!! I love it when a plan comes together!!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Way To Go!! Well done.

PUBLIC APOLOGY:

retailrush    10
retailrush

Fabulous - well done!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Well done! But do you not think this could of been avoided if you first came on the forum to ask the question before rating the seller. You could not have moved house to know what turmoil things are in for a while.

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

BRAVO!

It is so seldom that some one can see that they have made a mistake and acknowledge it!! I salute you for this and hope when my time comes I will be just as ready as you have been !

Nubbi    10
Nubbi

definately unfair as the second lens had nothing to do with the bidorbuy purchase? and I am sure if he apeals bidorbuy will find in his favor.

kyle2    10
kyle2

PUBLIC APOLOGY:

Well done! common sense prevails. :smile1:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This proves that the forum is really helpful -we're better than "mere family" (LOL)

catzcan    10
catzcan

I agree Lilly! I do not always actively take part in discussions, but even so, I've learn a tremendous amount by just reading the problems that arise and the advice you guys give since I've started selling in Sep 2010! One is almost able to predict problems before they arise just by reading the posts! Thanx to all that contibute to us "newbies" education:smile1:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
This proves that the forum is really helpful -we're better than "mere family" (LOL)

I second on this one Lilly!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

It is nice tosee someone took sound advise and did the right thing.

It does seem however, that when someone touches on the truth about some listings that are not completely honest ,users get their back up and start pointing fingers and labeling one as heartless.

I often shake my head at misleading listings and am not one to press"Spot a problem" button but it would perhaps be better to take that route and remain anonymous rather than express an opinion on the forum.

Everyone who trades on the Bidorbuy platform is affected by a disappointed buyer who could warn others to be careful or worse still advise them not to buy on Bob.

We should respect the platform we trade on for the good of all.

So this is goodbye to the forum for me.

dstorm    10
dstorm

Brilliant! You are a big man.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
It is nice tosee someone took sound advise and did the right thing.

It does seem however, that when someone touches on the truth about some listings that are not completely honest ,users get their back up and start pointing fingers and labeling one as heartless.

I often shake my head at misleading listings and am not one to press"Spot a problem" button but it would perhaps be better to take that route and remain anonymous rather than express an opinion on the forum.

Everyone who trades on the Bidorbuy platform is affected by a disappointed buyer who could warn others to be careful or worse still advise them not to buy on Bob.

We should respect the platform we trade on for the good of all.

So this is goodbye to the forum for me.

You are NOT allowed to resign from the forum. It is only Cuan who can banish anyone. You will be hounded, hounded and hounded until you post on the forum again. (And don't pretend you won't be reading all we have to say - you know that you will be so tempted to reply!) Seriously, geewhizz, we refuse to allow you to bow out - not for any reason whatsoever! :sneaky:

mellowred    10
mellowred