Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Vet Bills and Dogs!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Just done an X-Ray of Bella to see how many babies there are, being day 47 i reckoned i would see something, but this was the weirdest mating ever, so things are working a little different for me this time round (won't collaborate), anyways, saw nothing on the X-Ray, so i said to my Doc, there must be pups in there (only 1 mating took place so i thought nothing would happen, but she is getting fat and i felt something in there), she said no she is feeling nothing and nothing is showing so there is nothing, i said, that is impossible as i know my dog to a par and babies there certainly are. Okay she said, they probably haven't calcified yet, so lets do a sonar and bang there we see one baby so far, i have to go back on the 17th then we will be able to tell if there is more, which i am hoping for, if only 1 pup she is going to battle giving birth (as it means that pup is big), so i am hoping for at least one more, then it will go smoothly, i'm sure. So here is something to laugh about, when i told her i felt 2 balls just underneath her pelvis, doc said, Mari' (Jy het seker 'n drol:embarrest:gevoel), hahahaha, okay enough said, i thought it was going to be R700.00 but turned out to cost me R1030.00, but worth it and in 2 weeks i have to do the same drill again, so i really need to sell stuff of BOB now again, my fur kids are making me poor, but then again i want to do it and when i want to know something or when i am worried i do go the x-tra mile for them!

As i waited in the waiting room there were a lady running in crying with a tiny German Shephard puppy, someone drove over the little one, he was limb and had no pulse, so i am hoping for the best there, then another lady pops up with a Rat that is battling to breath, now i did feel sorry for her cause you could see she loved her pet, but she came to close to my pregnant fairy and without thinking i waved my hand at her not saying anything but showing her hand-like signs to stay away from my girl - Rats:evil:carry all kinds of goggas and what nots that i certainly don't want my dog/s to be exposed to!

That's me, i will let everyone know about my girly, please hold thumbs in the hoping that there will be more than 1 baby, i don't want to go the Cesarian way, it would mean the end of the road for my girly then and she really has the most gorgeous babies ever!:wub:

Edited by DestinysAngels
Corrections!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

DA I am sure you going to be a proud Mama! Of how ever many babes she is going to have!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
DA I am sure you going to be a proud Mama! Of how ever many babes she is going to have!

Thank you, i am for sure, just nervous, i know it is the dog giving birth but it actually feels like i am giving it too. My hubby says i have to relax and that she is the mother and knows what to do, after all she's the one that is pregnant and according to him not me, it really is easier said than done, i try hard not to show my worry when she goes into labor, but oh dear, the agony i feel for her is unbelievable!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:smile1:Just a quick update on Annabel-Lee's pregnancy: She went for her second X-Ray this morning and i am proud to say there is 3 babies, but there might be one more as previous times we only saw 2 then 3 were born for example, the last baby is hiding, lol, but she is healthy and everything looks pretty good, i will start taking her temperature today and then count the days, the babies however are still very small and she is carrying very small so we reckon maybe next week, but it is hard to say, i will just let nature takes it course and in the mean time i will take good care of my girly as usual!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Ahhhh ! DA you must be so pleased I do hope the whelping goes well!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Thanks Gogga, i am pleased, yet nervous at the same time, i will feel a whole lot more relaxed once the babies are born, it is always such a nail-biting event, especially the Yorkie's!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I just love my vet. Jazeera broke her dew claw at the quick and needed the entire nail pulled off. He's been feeling so sorry for me lately that he did it for next to nothing (just the cost of her bandages). What an amazing guy... And such a brave pooch she was too! Hamming it up a bit at the moment now though, waving her paw in the air whenever I look at her...

Good luck with your whelping, DA - all will be perfect!

catzcan    10
catzcan
:smile1:Just a quick update on Annabel-Lee's pregnancy: She went for her second X-Ray this morning and i am proud to say there is 3 babies, but there might be one more as previous times we only saw 2 then 3 were born for example, the last baby is hiding, lol, but she is healthy and everything looks pretty good, i will start taking her temperature today and then count the days, the babies however are still very small and she is carrying very small so we reckon maybe next week, but it is hard to say, i will just let nature takes it course and in the mean time i will take good care of my girly as usual!

The family in Nelspruit will hold thubs DA. I'm sure she'll be Ok!!

StudMuffinsMissus    10
StudMuffinsMissus

Shame DA. I can really sympathize. I am just hoping my Lilly is pregnant. I wanted to have an x ray in the last week to determine the number of pups...I am paranoid about her needing a C section (as Bullmastiffs are c candidates very often) so I really want to know how many pups. My vet said that even in the last week it wasn't accurate?! I thought it would be *sigh*. Me giving birth was FAR easier than all this!!! The cost that has gone into this 1 litter...I truly hope there is more than 1 pup, but I definitely DO NOT want a large litter! I can just imagine bottle feeding 12+ pups, I think I would die :shock:. I have even gone to the extremes of already looking for someone to help me with the litter in the unfortunate situation of having to bottle feed. I know I'm getting carried away.... In the meantime I have adopted the Stud dog as well. The breeder had too many males together, poor chap had bite marks on his face & I begged him to leave him with me, he did :smile:. So now I'm cooking their food in my 50 litre pot going truly crazy stressing about the pups...

Pathway    10
Pathway

I once had a dog who had 17 puppies - they all looked different. What a ****. We were away when she came into season, hence the opportunity, the guy who was supposed to be looking after her didn't have a clue.

Now, with 3 dogs and 6 cats (all fixed) I just pay my vets R700.00 a month, regardless of whether I go to see them or not. Sooner or later, I will...

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:love:Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence, Yorkies normally have a hard time, but knowing Bella she should be fine, but one never knows, i cannot just let my guard down, this i do know. With Laura-Leigh's litter 2 years ago she had a Cesarian, gave birth to 5 babies, but they were so small, they weighed between 60 and 94 grams, needles to say i had to bottle feed (every hour and that is day and night, at times my eyes did not want to work anymore) them cause they could not suckle, 4 eventually died after a week and then the 5th baby made it, i sat with her day in and day out for 2+ weeks to help her feed, eventually she took to the ****** and all went well, today she is my strongest baby yet at almost 2 years of age, she is the one on my avatar and her name is Angel-Lea, as her name implies she certainly is an angel. I went to hell and back to safe her and i did, so i fixed Lolla'tjie and kept her little Angel, this dog you cannot fight with, she has taken over and does not take no for an answer, when i try and train or teach her, she turns her toeshie around and walk like a madam, turns back and gives me a full-on kiss on the mouth, how can one fight with that, so i gave up on training her, (i am owned by them and not the other way around), unfortunately some dogs just don't train well, but i think it has to do with her history, she sees me as her mamma, instead of her master, which of course is okay too!

Edited by DestinysAngels
Corrections!

mellowred    10
mellowred

It must be really nerve-racking having such a tiny little pooch who is pregnant. The puppies must be minute.

Wishing you and Annabel-Lee all the best for the next week, DA. Hope all goes easy without complications.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
It must be really nerve-racking having such a tiny little pooch who is pregnant. The puppies must be minute.

Wishing you and Annabel-Lee all the best for the next week, DA. Hope all goes easy without complications.

Shoe oh noo, i think you understood wrong or something, Bella weighs 4kg, i will never ever breed with a Yorkie less than 3kg, it could mean life or death for them, the male has to be the small one, otherwise the female will suffer giving birth. I haven't bred with Angel yet, only from 2 years of age an on and that goes for my males too, (and i take alot of factors in consideration before i decide to mate my dogs) i don't believe they are mature enough earlier!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi DA, I never meant to imply that your Bella was undersized, sorry if it came across that way.

To me, Yorkies are just a tiny breed and 4kg for a pooch sounds very small :amuse:. I would never think you would breed with an undersized dog. I know you know what you are doing, and that you have the best interests of your poochies foremost in your mind.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hi DA, I never meant to imply that your Bella was undersized, sorry if it came across that way.

To me, Yorkies are just a tiny breed and 4kg for a pooch sounds very small :amuse:. I would never think you would breed with an undersized dog. I know you know what you are doing, and that you have the best interests of your poochies foremost in your mind.

Thanks for that, i would never compromise my dogs ever, they come first, even before the babies, yes they are tiny, my Shelly weighed 1kg and Destiny weighs 1.7kg but you will never know the difference when you pick them up, i never go by weight but by posture, disposition and a lot of other factors and believe me i have seen big ones that just cannot or should not get pregnant, it all depends on how the dog looks at the age of 2, you then have a very good idea of their health, size, col-our etc.

StudMuffinsMissus    10
StudMuffinsMissus

Good luck! I have a permanent knot in my stomach about Lilly's pregnancy, it's so stressful for us fur moms. My OH thinks I'm nuts for going so over board...

mellowred    10
mellowred
Shame DA. I can really sympathize. I am just hoping my Lilly is pregnant. I wanted to have an x ray in the last week to determine the number of pups...I am paranoid about her needing a C section (as Bullmastiffs are c candidates very often) so I really want to know how many pups. My vet said that even in the last week it wasn't accurate?! I thought it would be *sigh*. Me giving birth was FAR easier than all this!!! The cost that has gone into this 1 litter...I truly hope there is more than 1 pup, but I definitely DO NOT want a large litter! I can just imagine bottle feeding 12+ pups, I think I would die :shock:. I have even gone to the extremes of already looking for someone to help me with the litter in the unfortunate situation of having to bottle feed. I know I'm getting carried away.... In the meantime I have adopted the Stud dog as well. The breeder had too many males together, poor chap had bite marks on his face & I begged him to leave him with me, he did :smile:. So now I'm cooking their food in my 50 litre pot going truly crazy stressing about the pups...

Aw, I'm so glad you adopted Dad. You were concerned about him right from the beginning. Does this mean you have to give one of the pups to the previous owner though? I hope you can work something out and just give him the value of a pup. If he already has too many it would be very sad to let him have another.

See, you have to be a "stay at home" mum for the next couple of months :cheesy:. Wishing you all the best - may Lilly have a beautiful, manageable litter and may they all find perfect homes.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Annabellee has been in labour since 04h00 this morning, i am so exhausted, just took her to the vet now, getting an induction, etc, pups should be here in about 2 hours, if not then she needs a caesarian, hoping and praying this won't happen, she's always given natural birth, i am so tired and worried at the same time and i have a major headache!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Update, my vet just called, first pup is born and that is all i know, now i pray he/she will be fine, what a relief, 2 more to go!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Last update, all went well, 3 gorgeous babies were born, 1 girl and 2 boys, i will send pictures soonest, just came home an hour ago with her and new babies, i don't want to bother her to much for now. I made a whole chicken boiled with a chicken stock cube and a pot of rice today to give to her for strength, just gave her some and believe it or not she had a feast, but i had to hand feed her whilst she is busy feeding, lol, she is such a good mommy, she would rather not eat or leave the nest, she has to see the babies, really sweet!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Congratulations, DA. I know that dogs don't have the same amount of fat in their diets that cats do, but I do know that an egg yolk (no white) mixed with undiluted evaporated milk (about 2 tablespoons once a day) is good for a feeding mommy dog. (Cats are able to have far more than this in a day).

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Congratulations, DA. I know that dogs don't have the same amount of fat in their diets that cats do, but I do know that an egg yolk (no white) mixed with undiluted evaporated milk (about 2 tablespoons once a day) is good for a feeding mommy dog. (Cats are able to have far more than this in a day).

Shoe Jan are you sure? About a week ago we were told that eggs are actually very bad for dogs, now i don't know if they meant raw eggs or cooked, the yolk you talk about should it be raw or cooked. The problem is that a yorkie's stomach is quite sensitive to certain things and i had my fair share of that in the past, really don't want to go that route again!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Congratulations Mommy (or is it Granny). Wondering who's the proudest right now! Really looking forward to seeing the pics!

Last update, all went well, 3 gorgeous babies were born, 1 girl and 2 boys, i will send pictures soonest, just came home an hour ago with her and new babies, i don't want to bother her to much for now. I made a whole chicken boiled with a chicken stock cube and a pot of rice today to give to her for strength, just gave her some and believe it or not she had a feast, but i had to hand feed her whilst she is busy feeding, lol, she is such a good mommy, she would rather not eat or leave the nest, she has to see the babies, really sweet!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

Congrulations DA you must be extremely proud!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Thanks everyone, yes i am proud, but mostly i am very relieved and very glad that all went well and that my girly is healthy and happy!:cool: