Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bethaljaco

Seller giving buyer bad rating

12 posts in this topic

Hi i bought a cordless phone from dontplaygames on 14 september got it on 24 sept and it wouldnt switch on ,was faulty.

I emailed seller and after 3 days he came back and said it would be better if i send it back .

I posted it back on 28 sept and it was at post office on the 30th where he could collect it ,meanwhile i reported the issue to bid or buy.

And that he was ignoring my numerous emails to him.

He is still ignoring them.

Tonight on the 5 okt i went to the feedback and changed it to a red face and said phone was faulty.

When i later checked he had given me a bad rating and stated that i had not given him enough time to view product.

It is not my fault he didnt pic up the parcel till today wednesday it was at his post office friday 30 sept.

So how long does it take to test a cordless phone.

10 minutes or less.

And his bullying and comments continue .

He also says phone may be working and that i just doent know how to use it.

Really low , .

I have made every attempt not to get into a battle of words with him but he gave bad rating and comments just after i changed mine.

I want my 100% rating back it is not fair, he is bullying and has discredited my rating which is very important to me.

How to i get the bad rating gone.

I JUST WANT THE ISSUE RESOLVED A WORKING CORDLESS PHONE OR A REFUND.

But he is really going to far now.

And bid or buy has done nothing he is still trading.

I did not want it to happen.

The phone really is faulty.

But it seems he is now saying it is not,or whatever.

How do i go about resolving this mess.

I ONLY GAVE THE BAD RATING TODAY 5 OKTOBER after i havent heard from him , now its my fault because he did not have enough time to view if it is faulty.

Sounds to me if i am never going to get a refund or a working cordless phone.

I would like christopher maniram dont play games not to play games with me and he just gave me a bad rating because i changed my rating after he ignored my emails an requests to resolve the issue.

If this is how bid or buy protects honest buyers ,i dont know if i want to buy anything on bid or buy in the future.

And now i have a bad rating , how do i get the bad rating he gave me in spite , overturned.

Best Regards

bethaljaco

Edited by bethaljaco

Hi bethaljaco

In all fairness to the seller here, the 24th was a Saturday, and the 30th was a Friday. So, his response times may have been a little tardy, but there were weekends involved in both instances.

Most sellers on BoB do this part time. That means they possibly have day jobs and/or other forms of earning a living. So it is possible he went to the post office as soon as he possibly could.

His rating you negative has really annoyed you, so your rating him negative was just as annoying to him. While I understand your being worried and upset about paying for a phone which is not working, in my opinion you were a bit hasty with your negative rating.

His comments about buyers not knowing how to use the phone, may also be valid. In your case this may just be insulting, but he has no way of knowing how technically inclined you are. This just comes down to being very tactful and diplomatic when suggesting that that may be the case. Maybe tact is not one of his strong points :bigsmile:.

Don't worry too much about the negative rating, BoB will investigate and will remove any unfair ratings.

But hopefully that will not be necessary, and I sincerely hope this matter is resolved amicably between the two of you.

Good luck.

Hi bethaljaco

In all fairness to the seller here, the 24th was a Saturday, and the 30th was a Friday. So, his response times may have been a little tardy, but there were weekends involved in both instances.

Most sellers on BoB do this part time. That means they possibly have day jobs and/or other forms of earning a living. So it is possible he went to the post office as soon as he possibly could.

His rating you negative has really annoyed you, so your rating him negative was just as annoying to him. While I understand your being worried and upset about paying for a phone which is not working, in my opinion you were a bit hasty with your negative rating.

His comments about buyers not knowing how to use the phone, may also be valid. In your case this may just be insulting, but he has no way of knowing how technically inclined you are. This just comes down to being very tactful and diplomatic when suggesting that that may be the case. Maybe tact is not one of his strong points :bigsmile:.

Don't worry too much about the negative rating, BoB will investigate and will remove any unfair ratings.

But hopefully that will not be necessary, and I sincerely hope this matter is resolved amicably between the two of you.

Good luck.

Mellowred

You missed your calling in life.You should have sat on the TRC or you should be employed by the CCMA.

Neil

Mellowred

You missed your calling in life.You should have sat on the TRC or you should be employed by the CCMA.

Neil

Now that would be something I'd enjoy .... LOL.

Now that would be something I'd enjoy .... LOL.

Maybe you could remove the negative rating Tutu gave Zuma! lol

Maybe you could remove the negative rating Tutu gave Zuma! lol

Now I would never take things too far staccato!

These matters take time to resolve unfortunately. bidorbuy has been assisting you, but a faulty product ultimately needs to be resolved between buyer and seller. The rating has been removed. Please continue to liaise with Natashja, and the seller in order to get the issue resolved. The seller has been issued with a warning and requested to resolve this matter soonest to avoid further action against his account.

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice mellowred, i hear what your saying, but he has ignored all my emails .

As well as bid or buy emails to resolve the issue.

As to the comment not knowing how to use the cordless phone.

The details are i put the battery pack in and pushed the red phone power button on the siemens a 120 cordless phone ,the phone doesnt switch on at all .

My father used to sit on CCMA hearings, The CCMA was not always fair and still is not they can only adjudge the details off the case not speculation, some CCMA hearings turn out good others just go pearshaped even if u have valid concerns and grievances. and Maybe u would do a great job, your helpfull.The big picture is i have resigned myself not seeing a refund or working cordless phone ever.Pesimistic no just realistic.

Also i received phone on 23 sept made a fault with 24 sept .

I posted the package back on the 28th and the package was at his post office to collect on 30 september .

So your saying maybe the weekends was a problem.Sure i understand poeple do this in the free time or maybe not,we dont know.

But if u take into account the ignoring of the emails and me waiting 3 days just for a reply or a adress just to send the package back , taking all factors into account i acted amicably and responsible.

The time factor and delivery days of post offices are beyond my control.

I emailed him the tracking number after i posted it back to him.On monday 3 i got an email stating he would collect package monday .

But wednesday package was still lying at post office.

I havent checked if he has even collected it yet.

He didnt reply my emails until monday 3 okt , after bid or buy sent him a copy of the email i sent them regarding the resolvement of the issue.

I have tried and am still trying to keep in communication with him, i have made no threats ,accusations or used any foul language whatsoever.

Thank u for bid or buy for their feedback and support .

Best Regards

Jaco Scheepers

Edited by bethaljaco

Hi Jaco

You may still be pleasantly surprised. Perhaps not as efficiently or as quickly as you would have liked, but the sellers ratings are pretty good for the type of goods he sells (electronics have a good chance of being faulty), so you will most likely get your refund or replacement.

As you say, you have acted amicably and responsibly. Lets hope the seller acts quickly and sorts this out for you by the end of the day or there will be yet another week-end gone by.

Which reminds me I have parcels sitting here looking at me. Better get to the PO before I end up with bad ratings. :embarrest:

Take care

Mandy

Hi Jaco,

Did you let the phone charge before turning it on?

Hi Jaco,

Did you let the phone charge before turning it on?

ROFL:toung:

Yes put it in the charger for 24 hours before trying to switch it on.

Also tried different battery pack and charger .

Thanks mandy(mellowred) appreciate it yeah will wait and see havent received any emails or anything yet from dontplaygames.

Edited by bethaljaco

habib 23 Welcome to the forum we may not use it to advertise what we selling on the forum unfortunately!