Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amcintyre

Increasing the selling price

7 posts in this topic

I have an auction which closes in 20 days time. However, I got a question from an interested buyer who would like me to make him/her an offer. Unfortunately, there is already a bid on this item. I told the buyer, via the Q&A, that I would like to wait a few weeks to see what happens. If the auction's price doesn't go up, and I wish to offer the interested buyer (who hasn't placed a bid) an offer, how do I go about this. Would this even be permitted by BOB rules? Here is a link to the item Projectors - Large slide projector lot for sale in East London (ID:47375112)

Speaking under correction here amcintyre. I don't think anything prevents you from allowing him to place his bid and then immediately closing the auction - thereby allowing him to win the auction.

The auction only closes on the 25th so he can put in his bid at any time by mutual agreement.

I have an auction which closes in 20 days time. However, I got a question from an interested buyer who would like me to make him/her an offer. Unfortunately, there is already a bid on this item. I told the buyer, via the Q&A, that I would like to wait a few weeks to see what happens. If the auction's price doesn't go up, and I wish to offer the interested buyer (who hasn't placed a bid) an offer, how do I go about this. Would this even be permitted by BOB rules? Here is a link to the item Projectors - Large slide projector lot for sale in East London (ID:47375112)

Hi amcintyre,

Unfortunately you can't. There is no reserve on the auction, and as you said it has a bid, you will have to sell it to the highest bidder.

Edited by admin
Correction

Am I right though Admin? The auction can be closed at anytime allowing the highest bidder to win the auction. In this case the guy making the offer.

Speaking under correction here amcintyre. I don't think anything prevents you from allowing him to place his bid and then immediately closing the auction - thereby allowing him to win the auction.

The auction only closes on the 25th so he can put in his bid at any time by mutual agreement.

Bidding is currently at R1 with R10 increments, he is going to need a lot of bids to reach R150 to close the auction..

I'm sure that it should go for more than R150 and there are already a few users watching. So, I'll suggest that the interested buyer just makes a bid and if things slow down, I could close the auction earlier?

Am I right though Admin? The auction can be closed at anytime allowing the highest bidder to win the auction. In this case the guy making the offer.

amcintyre made the offer to the interested buyer, the buyer did not respond to it yet. The interested buyer will have to be the highest bidder at R150 in order for amcintyre to close the auction.

I'm sure that it should go for more than R150 and there are already a few users watching. So, I'll suggest that the interested buyer just makes a bid and if things slow down, I could close the auction earlier?

Should the buyer accept the R150 offer, their bid must be R150 at the time of closing. Closing the auction with a bid of e.g. R100 and the buyer pays you R150 for the item, would be circumventing of bidorbuy fees.