Sign in to follow this  
nixies

Negative/neutral ratings for parcels not received.

nixies

Is there anyway that negative/neutral ratings for "parcels not received" can be controlled? I am so sick of buyers rating me negative/neutral because they have not received "notification" from the PO, or they have not received their parcels. I am NOT the PO and also, I cannot collect the parcel on behalf of them. They buy, pay and then expect the parcel to be delivered at their doorstep. Gosh, they even expect a seller to do the follow-up - which we most of the times do.

It will be a great help if this issue can be solved and ratings for postage/shipping can be controlled in a way.

nixies

wayjen

Good luck with that one nixies.

I don't want to get on my soapbox again with regards to postage.

staccato

Best is, if you add the following to your shipping details; "Not responsible for postal delays, the onus is on YOU to check with SAPO via your tracking number if your parcel has arrived"

Hope this helps Nixies!

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Best is, if you add the following to your shipping details; "Not responsible for postal delays, the onus is on YOU to check with SAPO via your tracking number if your parcel has arrived"

You can add whatever you like to your shipping,terms,conditions etc,but they either choose not to read it or interpret it in a way to absolve themselves from any responsibilty.

The latest for me is buyer who asked if i can indicate when and what time i think it will arrive at his post office? and another who rated and states parcel arrived one month after posting but it was registered and he had the tracking number on the day i dispatched so he could check anytime but chose not to?Its enough to drive you to drink,not that i need an excuse.Here i come JOHNNY BLACK OR BLUE??

staccato

Yeah, often one gets the totally ignorant type, I had a parcel returned to me because it was unclaimed and the buyer gives me a negative rating because he has not received the item. I now check with SAPO's track & trace with every parcel I mail and send proof to these "idiots". A little more PT but it's the only way to safegaurd myself.

Lukeness

Some sellers track each parcel they send themselves and notify the buyer of its progress.

While this adds to the admin, it is one may to make sure they know it is there and can't say otherwise. Especially if you keep the emails as proof.

From the buyers point of view, this kind of after-sales service is also great.

wayjen

We are told that the responsibility of parcels remain ours until in the buyers hands. I have a problem with that as it is hard to track a parcel that has gone internationally. It is also hard sometimes to follow up on parcels delivered locally. It is all good and well tracking a parcel for buyers but to get them to pick it up is not our responsibility. Why do some insist on tracking numbers when they have no idea what to do with it, is it to make them feel happy that a parcel is in fact at a post office? If parcels remain ours until the item is in the buyers hands then why am I giving my tracking numbers for my parcels to strangers? The solution should be that once the item is paid for and a tracking number is issued the item then belongs to the buyer and they must track it and fetch it. We are not the SAPO and cannot be held hostage by buyers because they do not do what they are supposed to do and that is track their own purchases.

I fail to understand how people can order something online and not follow up on their purchases.

To get a negative/neutral or even positive rating (yes you get those too), for a undelivered parcel that you have sent and the buyer is too lazy to track is nonsense to put it mildly.

alloway65

If a Seller is charging R45.00+ for shipping use a Courier!!!

staccato
If a Seller is charging R45.00+ for shipping use a Courier!!!

Many sellers charge R100.00 for items weighing less than 1 kg! These are normally sellers who sell "junk" and make their profit by scoring on their shipping charges!!??

MsPlod

There are two items from the same trader on the present Crazy Wednesday which I am interested in buying, but will not bid simply because the shipping charges are...

R80 for speed post (OK I could probably take that)

R50 for each added item - say WHAT????

These items are not worth the shipping charges at ALL!!!! CRAZY Wednesday indeed...

booksallsizes
There are two items from the same trader on the present Crazy Wednesday which I am interested in buying, but will not bid simply because the shipping charges are...

R80 for speed post (OK I could probably take that)

R50 for each added item - say WHAT????

These items are not worth the shipping charges at ALL!!!! CRAZY Wednesday indeed...

Grrr - that makes me gnash my teeth!

And what nixies is experiencing too - more teeth gnashing (going to be left with tooth stubs by the end of the day). I agree that it is probably best to keep track of an item for a customer, and I should do that - but really, surely we are dealing with grown people?