Sign in to follow this  
kyle2

The Watchers...........

kyle2    10
kyle2

Ever wonder why people would be watching your buy now items?

I have a theory that it is fellow bobbers who have no intention of buying the item, but are keeping an eye on your stuff to see if you sell it, as they sell the same or similar items.:thinking:

I fully understand watching an item while an auction is on, or as a reminder to oneself to buy it at the end of the month when money becomes available, but to watch a buy now for weeks on end?

Edited by kyle2
spelling

Pathway    10
Pathway

Nope, it's people like me, who would really like it, and are waiting for some money to magically turn up from somewhere...

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Nope, it's people like me, who would really like it, and are waiting for some money to magically turn up from somewhere...

So it's not just me? LOL!!

I do it when I want to remember a particular seller - so if I get paid by a client (I'm a freelancer without a monthly salary) I can go back and check whether the item is still for sale, also whether I can get a better price for the same thing (I am an inveterate yellow pages person - think it has to do with a large dollop of Scottish heritage).

wayjen    10
wayjen

It's like someone watching paint dry but more exciting.

kyle2    10
kyle2

Hey you guys, I'm trying to get a conspiracy theory going here...............:toung:

wayjen    10
wayjen

well then in that case, it's aliens.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
It's like someone watching paint dry but more exciting.

Talking about watching paint dry... there's some intriguing paint drying on some houses with donkies somewhere!

wayjen    10
wayjen

I'll be watching with Minty Breath.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Last week I had 18 user watching a ring (I don't get excited anymore) and ended up with only 3 bids on the ring...Grrrrrhhhh