Sign in to follow this  
PITCREW

Should the seller honor the sale?

PITCREW

Hi,

I bid on an auction Digital SLR - Sony Alpha A100 D-SLR in great condition with 18-70 mm Lens! was sold for R350.00 on 30 Sep at 10:31 by zamict in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:47006296) and the seller closed early with my winning bid due to an error in the listing. He has since relisted the same item with a different thumbnail which was the listng error.

He has been a member since 2007 with 368 sales and claims he did not know that he needs to delete bids before closing the auction, despite the warning/message on the website saying you are closing the auction with winning bidders.

The message reads : Close this item Now?

This means you are closing the item early. Existing sales or winning bids that meet reserve are still accepted

As bids are legally binding for both parties, I feel that the sale should be honored by the seller at the closing price.

Your thoughts?

MiemsJewels

Yes........my thoughts are exactly the same as Lily's

PITCREW

Thanks ladies, I've been in touch with CW. Just getting some other views on the matter.

staccato

The seller should definitely honor the sale, something seems a little fishy to me considering the sellers experience on BoB.