Sign in to follow this  
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Bidding Increments

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Hi' Guys

I'm pretty new to bid or buy so forgive me if i ask a few stupid questions. :embarrest:

How is it possible for somebody to outbid you with R5 or R6 when the bidding increments are for example R50 or R100 per bid...? I bid R400.00 then 20min later somebody bid R405.00 on a min increment of R50.00 per bid, how does that work?

Another thing i have picked up as well (i might just be confused) is that on certain bids it's almost like the person who's selling the item have a double account and then sorta bids against you to get the price up on his own item, or has somebody helping them to do it. Then when the bids over and you've lost they will then they offer it to you but at the same price as the bidder who actually won it,but then didn't actually proceed to buy the item. Am i making any sense?:nuts:

Have any of you experienced this before?

Anyway, just asking.

I love this site and its great to be here.:blink1:

Thanks

V

Little Miss Muffet

I cant see how it could happen after 20 minutes but The R405 bid was probably an automatic bid increment by the user.

When you bid R400 it increased the price to the automatic bid of R405.

If you suspect someone is bidding to push up the price express your concern to Bidorbuy and they can check if there is any "Shill" bidding involved.

ATOMICSQUIRREL

That could be it, you learn as you go.

I will keep my eyes open. :nuts:

kaeious

ive noticed especially with R1 start auctions in 5 minutes the price has gone all the way up to R3000 and only 4 people have bid when the minimum increment is R50. these people bid on their own items and its mega stores that do it not just your avarage member. i know who they all are

admin

Hi kaeious,

Welcome to the forums.

Should you suspect shill bidding, please report it to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or click on the "Report a problem" link at the top of the item description.

Thank you.

kaeious

ill do that. thanks i dont wana sound like a sore looser but can they be a tiny bit less obvious