Sign in to follow this  
brands online

What's the correct procedure?

brands online

Hi there,

Need some feedback from other sellers please. Buyer bought 2 items from me. I've been selling the particular items for a while and have literally sold between 50 and 100 at least of each of the items with only positive feedback. Today I get a nasty email from the buyer with a really aggressive tone telling me they can't believe I sold them such S#!t, one of the items is not working, the other is so small, etc, etc.. and get ready for 2 negatives. I politely reply saying that we'll gladly replace the defective item and/or if they are as dissatisfied to kindly return the items and we'll refund.

Buyer replies saying I should refund and then they'll send the stuff. So I mail back and say we'll refund upon receipt of the goods as that is standard procedure and practice worldwide. Needless to say I got another nasty reply and will probably get the negatives as well.

Is it standard procedure to refund before getting your goods back? I don't even know if I'm going to get my goods back. :unsure:

mellowred

Hi Brands. Stand your ground. 11,000 + sales and a 99% positive rating ... your ratings speak well for you. Don't be bullied.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Brands

Yes it is standard procedure to get your goods back first and then refund and I'm sure BoB will back you on this.

DestinysAngels
Hi there,

Need some feedback from other sellers please. Buyer bought 2 items from me. I've been selling the particular items for a while and have literally sold between 50 and 100 at least of each of the items with only positive feedback. Today I get a nasty email from the buyer with a really aggressive tone telling me they can't believe I sold them such S#!t, one of the items is not working, the other is so small, etc, etc.. and get ready for 2 negatives. I politely reply saying that we'll gladly replace the defective item and/or if they are as dissatisfied to kindly return the items and we'll refund.

Buyer replies saying I should refund and then they'll send the stuff. So I mail back and say we'll refund upon receipt of the goods as that is standard procedure and practice worldwide. Needless to say I got another nasty reply and will probably get the negatives as well.

Is it standard procedure to refund before getting your goods back? I don't even know if I'm going to get my goods back. :unsure:

:shock:Nooooo, they first return the item to you, then you can assess the goods, maybe it's been tampered with, then you can show BOB photo's of the before send and returned item, you will have no leg to stand on if you pay them back and they decide to keep the item. I would wait for the returned goods first, i also had the same problem a year ago and i done it this way, needless to say, the buyer were seriously unhappy, but so was i - selling and buying is a 2-way thing, both parties has to make it pleasant otherwise it is just not worth it!

SProducts

I am dealing with a similar situation, the buyer wants me to refund half and then the other half when I receive the item they say is defective. I wont do that, I want to get the item first and check it so that should there tampering or missing accessories and packaging I cannot then refund fully.

The procedure is they send the item and allow you reasonable time to check and then you can refund them.

TS Ron

Brands you only refund when the goods are in your posession. You stand your ground here!

Seeds for Africa

Its common sense that one only refunds on receipt of the good being returned. The buyer is a chancer!

Wild Olive Art

This is no different from buying goods in a store. No shop would refund a buyer unless the goods were returned 1st . Why a buyer would assume it works differently in this case defies logic ! The rule of refund anywhere is return the goods THEN get the refund .

brands online

Just received the 2 negatives for this as expected with no further communication or return of goods!:mad:

I have duly returned the favour while BOB consider removal of the ratings!

kyle2
Just received the 2 negatives for this as expected with no further communication or return of goods!:mad:

I have duly returned the favour while BOB consider removal of the ratings!

Unfortunately there is always one in a bunch who will be unreasonable and full of cr@p. This is the law of nature, good and evil, whatever you want to call it.:wtf: