Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Buyer tried to defraud me and Fastway!

SProducts    10
SProducts

I sold this item to a buyer, Blackberry - ***WHITE IN BOX with all accessories*** ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY 8520 CURVE - unlocked for all networks was sold for R1,490.00 on 5 Aug at 11:21 by SProducts in Johannesburg (ID:42748289)

I then sent it via Fastway, recorded all details as I always do. On 12 September I get an email and the buyer hasnt received their parcel, I quickly check on Fastway with tracking number and it shows the parcel was received on 05 September 2011. I inform the buyer and they send me their driver's licence to show the signature isnt theirs which I also proved it wasnt theirs. I then inform them it's possible if their area is an office park or access controlled areas that it could have been left with the security/reception.

Buyer tells me its a private house, then starts threatening me with CPA and that I have to replace the phone. I contact Fastway about it. About 2 days later I get an email from the buyer, he informs me a person from Fastway came and told him that there was no one in the house and they left the parcel on the boot of the car. He says the guy said it were pills and it wasnt written as a phone otherwise he wouldnt have left it outside. He also says it was addressed to someone else, which is impossible. The weight of a phone is about 700g and no one can mistake it for pills and how can it be left at their house, signed with their name but be addressed to someone else.The delivery guy could have signed the person on the parcel and not theirs.

The buyer then says they want a replacement, he spoke to her daughter whom this was a present and they dont care which colour is sent this time and white was actually not a preffered colour.

Now I start to suspect something, if the Fastway guy did leave the parcel there, who would have taken the parcel from the boot if it was really left there? Fastway totally said they don't leave a parcel outside unless authorised to do so by addressee, but well people make mistakes, so why is the buyer all of sudden more concerned about the replacement instead of the lost phone?

Fortunately I keep the IMEI number and PIN for all the phones in case they get lost or stolen and the buyer dont have this information.

The buyer starts pressurising me to replace the phone or they will report me to CPA and go to the police, then he contact Bidorbuy with this. I try to explain to BoB that I still have to make a claim with Fastway who are slow in responding to my queries and they keep on promising to come back to me.

Since I have the IMEI, I have been trying to check if the phone hasnt been registered on Blackberry through local networks and it wasnt. I always suspected the buyer, so last Friday I email the buyer to open a case of theft at the police station and then phone their network to blacklist the phone, I also provide them with the IMEI so they can blacklist it. I dont get a respond till on Tuesday when I send another email with BoB cc'd as they are now involved in the case. The buyer respond on Wednesday that they were away on business and will open the case on Thursday.

Today I get this email from the buyer, unbelievable!

Hi there all,

OK, the lost phone has been found and resolved !!

A short summary of what happened . I said in front of the Garden Services and owner that the police will be coming to investigate the phone that was lost and that it was put on the boot of the car and they will do fingerprints and then I will let everyone that has access to our yard, be tested against the fingerprints they get and that the car has not been washed or anything since the phone was lost.

I said that as just kind of in the passing by of them to my girlfriend !!

Then this morning , One of the guys said , he forgot to tell me that he found it and put it in the outside toilet and he will go get it.

And guess what, there was the phone !! In an open Fastway bag and the box open, but everything was there !!

So I will take it further from this side.

So very, very sorry about all the trouble, but we now have the phone , so will activate it .

Again, my apologies, but yes it was almost stolen, but it is something I have learnt. In Cape Town the police is still the police and they are **** scared of them here !!

Warm Regards

Only a fool can believe this, I have wasted a lot of money phone calls and I was using a cellphone to communicate with fastway for over 3 weeks. Not to mention the time, worries and the threats received. There's other threats, accussations I ommited here due to space, they practically called me a thief like they're calling the garden service people who've done nothing. They even said they will never deal on BoB when they contacted them to complain about me, this is clearly a defamation of character or whatever.

If there was a case or some charge or even sue I would go that route as I feel this buyer was trying to defraud me and Fastway.

To all sellers be careful of these kinds of buyers who'll use any opportunity to scam you.

PS. Sorry for the long post and the ranting!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

What an amazing story? Wow ain't he lucky that the people in Cape Town are afraid of the police perhaps we should all move to Cape Town for protection?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I sold this item to a buyer, Blackberry - ***WHITE IN BOX with all accessories*** ORIGINAL BLACKBERRY 8520 CURVE - unlocked for all networks was sold for R1,490.00 on 5 Aug at 11:21 by SProducts in Johannesburg (ID:42748289)

I then sent it via Fastway, recorded all details as I always do. On 12 September I get an email and the buyer hasnt received their parcel, I quickly check on Fastway with tracking number and it shows the parcel was received on 05 September 2011. I inform the buyer and they send me their driver's licence to show the signature isnt theirs which I also proved it wasnt theirs. I then inform them it's possible if their area is an office park or access controlled areas that it could have been left with the security/reception.

Buyer tells me its a private house, then starts threatening me with CPA and that I have to replace the phone. I contact Fastway about it. About 2 days later I get an email from the buyer, he informs me a person from Fastway came and told him that there was no one in the house and they left the parcel on the boot of the car. He says the guy said it were pills and it wasnt written as a phone otherwise he wouldnt have left it outside. He also says it was addressed to someone else, which is impossible. The weight of a phone is about 700g and no one can mistake it for pills and how can it be left at their house, signed with their name but be addressed to someone else.The delivery guy could have signed the person on the parcel and not theirs.

The buyer then says they want a replacement, he spoke to her daughter whom this was a present and they dont care which colour is sent this time and white was actually not a preffered colour.

Now I start to suspect something, if the Fastway guy did leave the parcel there, who would have taken the parcel from the boot if it was really left there? Fastway totally said they don't leave a parcel outside unless authorised to do so by addressee, but well people make mistakes, so why is the buyer all of sudden more concerned about the replacement instead of the lost phone?

Fortunately I keep the IMEI number and PIN for all the phones in case they get lost or stolen and the buyer dont have this information.

The buyer starts pressurising me to replace the phone or they will report me to CPA and go to the police, then he contact Bidorbuy with this. I try to explain to BoB that I still have to make a claim with Fastway who are slow in responding to my queries and they keep on promising to come back to me.

Since I have the IMEI, I have been trying to check if the phone hasnt been registered on Blackberry through local networks and it wasnt. I always suspected the buyer, so last Friday I email the buyer to open a case of theft at the police station and then phone their network to blacklist the phone, I also provide them with the IMEI so they can blacklist it. I dont get a respond till on Tuesday when I send another email with BoB cc'd as they are now involved in the case. The buyer respond on Wednesday that they were away on business and will open the case on Thursday.

Today I get this email from the buyer, unbelievable!

Hi there all,

OK, the lost phone has been found and resolved !!

A short summary of what happened . I said in front of the Garden Services and owner that the police will be coming to investigate the phone that was lost and that it was put on the boot of the car and they will do fingerprints and then I will let everyone that has access to our yard, be tested against the fingerprints they get and that the car has not been washed or anything since the phone was lost.

I said that as just kind of in the passing by of them to my girlfriend !!

Then this morning , One of the guys said , he forgot to tell me that he found it and put it in the outside toilet and he will go get it.

And guess what, there was the phone !! In an open Fastway bag and the box open, but everything was there !!

So I will take it further from this side.

So very, very sorry about all the trouble, but we now have the phone , so will activate it .

Again, my apologies, but yes it was almost stolen, but it is something I have learnt. In Cape Town the police is still the police and they are **** scared of them here !!

Warm Regards

Only a fool can believe this, I have wasted a lot of money phone calls and I was using a cellphone to communicate with fastway for over 3 weeks. Not to mention the time, worries and the threats received. There's other threats, accussations I ommited here due to space, they practically called me a thief like they're calling the garden service people who've done nothing. They even said they will never deal on BoB when they contacted them to complain about me, this is clearly a defamation of character or whatever.

If there was a case or some charge or even sue I would go that route as I feel this buyer was trying to defraud me and Fastway.

To all sellers be careful of these kinds of buyers who'll use any opportunity to scam you.

PS. Sorry for the long post and the ranting!

Thanks for your post. That is the biggest load of BS the buyer told you if I ever heard it! Some buyers really think we are fools!

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Very very dodge.

mellowred    10
mellowred

So, that garden service guy had been carrying the packaging and all around with him for two weeks? And he really believed that the car had not been touched in all that time. :shock:

My my, what a load of shite.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

What a load of total nonsense! Sellers beware!! Add this buyer to your blocked list I would think?

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

And good on you, SProducts, for being so sharp. Glad I don't sell electronics/cell phones - I think I'd get scammed all the time :embarrest:

ATOMICSQUIRREL    10
ATOMICSQUIRREL

Don't you just wish you could sue him for $1000's of dollars for all the inconvenience, like in the states...emotional damage, loss of sleep,loss of business, prescription pills for stress...:nuts:

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Thanks for the heads-up, trust no-one i say untill otherwise proven!:wacko:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Poor Sipho. You do manage, somehow, to get some very strange buyers.

But I've just had one of my own, believe it or not - a buyer with only 45 ratings herself. Gave me a neutral rating because the parcel (apparently) took long to get to her and "isn't quite what she expected". For R1.00 she was expecting a 24-carat gold necklace and pendant possibly??? Good grief. I've emailed her (and blocked her from buying any costume jewellery from me in the future) but will she come to understand I don't want her neutral rating?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Eish!!! I can't believe the culprits are s-o-o-o scared of the police! A new one for me!!:nuts: Skelm bly maar skelm....untill otherwise proven!!

SProducts    10
SProducts

Its so convenient that the garden service only opened the plastic and didnt touch the phone or take it home with them as their intention was to steal. Why would they wait for 3 weeks leaving the parcel in the yard?

If I could successfully sue them I would do it, but then our justice is way too dodgy like the same buyer!

TS Ron    10
TS Ron

S Products I agree with you that you angry and yes the justice system is very dodging road to take. I would block this buyer in future. I do not think the buyer thought he was doing business with such an proffessional person.

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police

Unbelievable! Putting your fellow man through such unnecessary stress is unacceptable and she should be blacklisted and banned from BoB!

Express Retailers    10
Express Retailers

I buyer recently dropped out of an auction and the auction was won by the runner-up. Is the runner up due for payment even though the top bidder dropped out?

qball    11
qball

You can't really hold the runner up bidder to the auction, as he was technically outbid.