Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

New Buyers.

wayjen

In the last few days over this last2 weeks or so we have had a bunch of new buyers bidding on our items. I am wondering if these will be genuine sales or just people out to take a chance.

Anyone else see a lot of newbies coming to BoB?

Wild Olive Art

Yes ! In the past 2 weeks I have noticed that most buyers bidding on my items are newbies . Makes me nervous when I see bids coming in from buyers with no ratings but so far they have all been excellent buyers and I have had no problems with payments.

wayjen

It's ok if they bid and pay but it's those that bid and disappear that gets under my skin because of all the waiting and filing SNC stuff takes long.

retailrush

I've also had a few new Buyer's lately and have had no problems with payment.

MiemsJewels

Quite a lot of newbies.......Only pity is..... they usually don't know how the rating system works....

wayjen

Do newbies even care about ratings I mean all they want is the item? If they get "hooked" on buying then they might start the rating side of BoB.

lilythepink
Quite a lot of newbies.......Only pity is..... they usually don't know how the rating system works....

I have to agree with Miems. One can expect any type of rating from a newbie. Am now hoping that a neutral rating will be removed - have sent her a really good explanation (I hope) that it's unfair to rate sellers because the PO takes ages to deliver something. And for R1.00 the item isn't quite what she wanted - well, I make costume jewellery and listed it clearly as an "alloy" - was she expecting 24-carat gold for her R1.00?

ATOMICSQUIRREL

Hi guys,

I am new to the site, i will get my "verified user" soon.

Anyway, I'm sure that a lot newbies will check the ratings system and see/learn how it works because it ultimately improves your chances of buying/selling stuff.

...but please bare with us we all need a fair chance to prove ourselves. These ratings don't just fall out of the sky, you kinda have to earn them.:nuts:

Anyway if i win bids or buy anything i will def rate and in the near future start selling some items myself.

Nice meeting all of you.

V

MiemsJewels
I have to agree with Miems. One can expect any type of rating from a newbie. Am now hoping that a neutral rating will be removed - have sent her a really good explanation (I hope) that it's unfair to rate sellers because the PO takes ages to deliver something. And for R1.00 the item isn't quite what she wanted - well, I make costume jewellery and listed it clearly as an "alloy" - was she expecting 24-carat gold for her R1.00?

Lilly, the less they pay, the more they expect. Strange, strange world we live in.....realy! Thats a very unfair rating she gave you Lilly, but I am sure she will change it to possitive!

MiemsJewels
Hi guys,

I am new to the site, i will get my "verified user" soon.

Anyway, I'm sure that a lot newbies will check the ratings system and see/learn how it works because it ultimately improves your chances of buying/selling stuff.

...but please bare with us we all need a fair chance to prove ourselves. These ratings don't just fall out of the sky, you kinda have to earn them.:nuts:

Anyway if i win bids or buy anything i will def rate and in the near future start selling some items myself.

Nice meeting all of you.

V

Hi vortechz, Welcome to the forum! Nice meeting you too! M:smile:

wayjen

nice meeting you V, did you bring any cake?

booksallsizes

Never mind him, V - we never let him have his cake and eat it. So he gets quite obsessed...

ATOMICSQUIRREL

wayjen i got some on auction, bid now before it goes stale. lol:cheesy:

wayjen

As long as it is not carrot cake cause a carrot is a vegetable and nevermind them above as they watching their figures and I don't care about mine.

DestinysAngels
In the last few days over this last2 weeks or so we have had a bunch of new buyers bidding on our items. I am wondering if these will be genuine sales or just people out to take a chance.

Anyone else see a lot of newbies coming to BoB?

For some or other reason i only get newbies, had many of them blocked, i have something in the 80's that i blocked, but recently they turned out to be the best clients ever, i suppose it all luck of draw perhaps!

wayjen
For some or other reason i only get newbies, had many of them blocked, i have something in the 80's that i blocked, but recently they turned out to be the best clients ever, i suppose it all luck of draw perhaps!

Anyone is a potential client but we must not let our guard down.

staccato

Love your comment LOL!!

staccato

We were all first time Bobbers once, now we voice our concerns... Ironic! lol

wayjen

So true staccato. We all have/had to start somewhere.

Pickle Bearies

I noticed that BOB seems to bee doing a lot of advertising lately. Whenever I browse the web BOB ads pop up all over the show! So the newbies are probably as result of this... and of course this is excellent the more buyers the better!! Whenever I sell to a new Bobber I just send them some friendly advice and make myself available to them should any thing be confusing to them.